Highlighted

Animate CC and HTML5 publishing for DCM

Explorer ,
May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently had our media agency send back some outputs we created in Animate CC. They were getting an error in DoubleClick Manager, it wasn't saying anything about what the error was but when I tried validating, the Preview is empty but everything passes.

When I test on my computer, it previews fine. We have not changed our process (adding click tags and Javascript calls) so my only assumption is there is a bug in Animate CC.

Has anyone come across this? Could anyone help with a solution?

Update to this, the change in code didn't actually fix anything.

We did 2 tests. Recreated in a text editor using an outside coder. That worked.

Recreated in Animate CC. The original Animate CC files were created years ago and there were lots of layers and symbols all over the place, very messy file). This also worked.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animate CC and HTML5 publishing for DCM

Explorer ,
May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently had our media agency send back some outputs we created in Animate CC. They were getting an error in DoubleClick Manager, it wasn't saying anything about what the error was but when I tried validating, the Preview is empty but everything passes.

When I test on my computer, it previews fine. We have not changed our process (adding click tags and Javascript calls) so my only assumption is there is a bug in Animate CC.

Has anyone come across this? Could anyone help with a solution?

Recreated in Animate CC. The original Animate CC files were created years ago and there were lots of layers and symbols all over the place, very messy file). This also worked.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 07, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what line of code was triggering the error?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I knew. This is the screenshot my contact sent me that showed the error. It is not very helpful. My contact is contacting DCM support at the moment, I am waiting for more info. I will update if and when I receive it.DCMerror.png

I am leaning toward it being an issue with Animate CC output, because I generated a test banner in Google Web Designer and it showed the preview in DCM.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's an upload (of a zip) file error.  what's that have to do with animate?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. I am providing this error as this is all I have received from my contact so far. As you said, that seems to be a file issue. I will update as I get more information.

What I do know, is the creative isn't previewing, which is the issue that I believe is tied to Animate CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the developer console say when you test locally?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It returns these errors.

Google support got back to my contact, they also are not seeing the preview and they think it has something to do with the code output.

2019-05-08_15-38-19.jpg

Attaching the creative in question in case that helps anyone.

https://hsfcanada.sharepoint.com/:u:/s/CreativeServices/EU2jSdOeyjFMv_XjZt-GWVIB2gzcQlinVOVQg8qiMzRy...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I figured it out.

1) I had 2 <canvas> instances, I removed the duplicate, and 2) I moved the clicktag "a href" code to wrap the <div> not the <canvas>.

DCM must have changed how they process the files, it used to work fine before. Not an Animate CC issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2019 0