• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC animation for Wordpress. Plugin ?

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering if it exists an easy way (like a plugin maybe) to integrate animate CC compisitions / animations into a Wordpress website, more specifically, I'm working with Elementor builder and would like not to play with iframes and responsiveness.

Thanks for the answer.

LC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you export your Adobe Animate project as an OAM package you could import that OAM package with a WordPress Plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/oam/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thank you for the answer, I'm ging to try this then !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried many times but it seems that the plugin doesn't work properly. Is it needed to upload something else than the OAM file ? I tried changing the background color of the Animate CC file and it appears well in wordpress so it means that the animation doesn't launch properly. Any idea? Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This plugin works great with Hype 4 (an alternative for Adobe Animate). There are a lot of difference in .oam code between these both so can't be used to display Animate .oam in Wordpress. The best way to display AA is to copy a canvas code and paste it into the html remembering linking the assets and scripts properely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also:

• export your HTML5 project from Animate.
  • Upload your project folder to your Wordpress website through a FTP connection.
  • Finaly use a HTML code-block or HTML widget with a <iframe src="URL-to-project.html" width=300 height=300></iframe> to show your animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I forgot you question ..   not to play with iframes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I want to avoid iframe also because not that easy to play with responsiveness even if tricks in css exist. OAM from hype plugin export for wordpress don't work. I tried everything but nothing works. It's unbelieavable that Adobe didn't release any plugin yet to export easily from Animate to Wordpress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you say, it's incredible that Adobe still didn't release any plugin for that purpose. Do they want people not to use Animate for the Web anymore ? I'm seriously wondering about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I* say, sorry for the typo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to export responsive HTML - CSS - JS pages from Adobe Animate. But, if made available with an iframe with a fixed width, there could be problems. A responsive iframe could be the answer.

Adobe still doesn't have all the applications available for Apple sillicon. The M1-processor is still not supported by Animate.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Maybe the focus at the Animate team is not at creating Animate plugins for WordPress.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, it's a shame that Adobe never made his Animate evolve like it should. It became a drawing and animation tool but it didn't evolve in term of web needs. Look at Lottie for example. It's limited in tern of animation but you can easily export your After Effects animation to Lottie with the official plugin and esily import the lottie animation in Wordpress. Just a few clicks when you use a builder like Elementor. I tried the Lottie Plugin for Animate but unfortunately, it's too basic and full of bugs. We are very far from the 2000's when people were creating full amazing interactive experience with Flash and that's really sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after 2 yrs. still have no solution for animate export  to wordpress ?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, but I just forgot about it. I don't expect anything more from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to export your Animate canvas in a way to always fill the screen.

Next, you need a plugin to handle the iframes in Wordpress, for example - this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/iframe/

And finally, you need to upload your canvas on your site and to setup the iframe source.

The result of this approach can be seen for example, here:
https://flash-powertools.com/
All animations on the home page are Animate canvases, displayed as iframes.

- Vlad: UX and graphic design, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the comment. I know that solution and honestly, using an iframe is not a solution and in term of responsiveness it's most of the time a mess. We should basically have a plugin that directly adds the canvas tag inside the main ocntainer or a new div or whatever. It will be cleaner. Atm, I switched to After effects and exports all basic animations to Lottie even if it's far from what an animate movie in canvas can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I discoverd that to make the .html published from your Animate CC file responsive, withing the function code here

//Code to support hidpi screens and responsive scaling.
AdobeAn.makeResponsive(false,'both',false,1,[canvas,anim_container,dom_overlay_container]);
AdobeAn.compositionLoaded(lib.properties.id);
fnStartAnimation();   

Change both the false to true.  I hope this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAKE RESPONSIVE - ANSWER 
I discoverd that to make the .html published from your Animate CC file responsive, withing the function code here

//Code to support hidpi screens and responsive scaling.
AdobeAn.makeResponsive(false,'both',false,1,[canvas,anim_container,dom_overlay_container]);
AdobeAn.compositionLoaded(lib.properties.id);
fnStartAnimation();   

Change both the false to true.  I hope this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines