• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC audio issue

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm brand new to Animate CC so I truly appreciate your patience with me.  I'm using the creative cloud version if that helps to know upfront.

I've imported audio (a .WAV music track) into my library and then dragged/dropped into onto the stage.  The issue I'm experiencing is that during playback the audio can only be heard when I cue it from the very beginning of the track, but not when I cue it from a later point in the timeline.  Quite frustrating.

I did a quick screencapture video on my macbook pro, including audio, to show you exactly what I mean:

https://we.tl/MlV4R6EBNZ

Is there a setting that I need to adjust so that that audio can be cued up from anywhere in the timeline (such as it can be on iMovie, Final Cut, etc for example), or is this typical behavior of Animate CC software, or lastly is my version buggy/malfunctioning?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

If you select the sound in the timeline, then look at Properties, there is a synch option. Set that to be Stream. If Stream is grayed out it means you're using HTML5 instead of ActionScript 3. To get the sound to be able to start from anywhere, or to scrub the timeline, you need to be using an ActionScript 3 FLA.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select the sound in the timeline, then look at Properties, there is a synch option. Set that to be Stream. If Stream is grayed out it means you're using HTML5 instead of ActionScript 3. To get the sound to be able to start from anywhere, or to scrub the timeline, you need to be using an ActionScript 3 FLA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick, I selected "Stream" form the dropdown menu and it works perfectly, thanks so much Colin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I am having the same problem but I am not using ActionScript 3.

How do I get this so I can get the sound to start from anywhere?

Aashita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that it's a requested feature, you can only hope that it's being given a high priority.

If you are doing an animation that needs to play on mobile browsers, create the whole thing as AS3, taking advantage of Stream sync so you can scrub the timeline to adjust the animation. Then either optimize your animation so that it keeps up with Event sound, or add code on these lines to the HTML5 Canvas version:

var starttime = createjs.Ticker.getTicks();
createjs.Ticker.setFPS(24);
this.addEventListener("tick", movealong);
self = this;
this.stop();
function movealong() {
var now = createjs.Ticker.getTicks();
self.gotoAndStop(Math.floor(now - starttime));
}

I wrote a longer post about that before, but it's in the old Adobe forum that is not online anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the quick response, but I am still very confused. I don't understand what you mean by "code on these lines to the HTML5 version".

I am just making an animation for a basic laptop browser.

I think I have the HTML5 version since the option "Stream" is grayed out. 

How do I get the Audio Script 3 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File/New, Advanced, ActionScript 3.0.

For the browser you may need to convince it to allow Flash Player to run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So guess what... Today's Animate update to 20.0.3 has added Stream audio sync to HTML5 Canvas. Feel free to scrub that timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated and it works!!!

Thank you so much for answering our prayers Colin!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Animate team deserve the credit, I was just one of many who asked for the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Colin Holgate That, code snipet is an ingenius idea. I wanted to use it to sync audio inside a movie clip timeline. It seemed to work in that it moved the movieclip to different frames, but the audio still had a mind of it's own.

Ultimetly, I gave up and moved everything to the root timeline and used stream. There I seemed to run into another issue where gotoAndPlay() commands would only accasionaly goToAndPlay, sometimes they would go to the keyframe and then stop.

It's hard to be 100% as it was an intermitent problem, but it seems like putting empty keyframes on the timeline after a stream audio made the problem go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you  I will try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines