Highlighted

Animate CC Canvas export issues

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First a quick introduction; I'm a huge flash fan since flash 8! And have developed a lot of interactive content using flash (of which games that have been played over 180M times)

Now recently i gave Animate CC a spin, just to check the status quo. Initially i was super impressed about the HTML5 export. However after actually finishing up a game using Animate CC i encountered so many issues that i felt its worth listing my findings here in the hope they will be solved. Besides those issues it was a blast to work with Animate CC again (brings back memories).

The issues that i found:

1. Quality export settings for audio are not taken into account
  2. Quality export settings for bitmaps are not always taken into account (sometimes they work, sometimes they don't)
  3. When exporting using sprite sheets, and then running the game on a slow connection (3G) i always get the following error: https://cl.ly/5d36e38e439e
  4. The default preloader is pretty useless, it's not even a preloader. Building one myself however was not that hard.
  5. Movieclips / buttons are only available from next frame after they first appear in the timeline (so not on the initialization keyframe)

Besides these i have been fairly optimistic and hope to see an improved version in the future! (here is the simple game I created to test Animate CC: http://games.poki.com/458768/slimemaker)

Kind regards,

Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animate CC Canvas export issues

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First a quick introduction; I'm a huge flash fan since flash 8! And have developed a lot of interactive content using flash (of which games that have been played over 180M times)

Now recently i gave Animate CC a spin, just to check the status quo. Initially i was super impressed about the HTML5 export. However after actually finishing up a game using Animate CC i encountered so many issues that i felt its worth listing my findings here in the hope they will be solved. Besides those issues it was a blast to work with Animate CC again (brings back memories).

The issues that i found:

2. Quality export settings for bitmaps are not always taken into account (sometimes they work, sometimes they don't)
  3. When exporting using sprite sheets, and then running the game on a slow connection (3G) i always get the following error: https://cl.ly/5d36e38e439e
  4. The default preloader is pretty useless, it's not even a preloader. Building one myself however was not that hard.
  5. Movieclips / buttons are only available from next frame after they first appear in the timeline (so not on the initialization keyframe)

Besides these i have been fairly optimistic and hope to see an improved version in the future! (here is the simple game I created to test Animate CC: http://games.poki.com/458768/slimemaker)

Kind regards,

Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 29, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.

post your suggestions etc here, Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2018 0
ClayUUID LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PokiErik  wrote

The issues that i found:

1 and 2 are long-standing bugs, which I've reported, but apparently Adobe is more interested right now in piling more bullet-list features into Animate than fixing what's there. Maybe if more people report them they'll actually get fixed.

4, if you're talking about the "Preloader" option in the build settings, is not a preloader, it's just a throbber. I've pointed this terminology error out to Adobe many times, but they're stubbornly sticking with it. All Canvas documents preload by default. The "Preloader" setting just adds a looping animation while it's happening.

5 happens because CreateJS initializes frame content from the top down. When top-level code is executing, lower-level content hasn't been initialized yet. This can be worked around without much extra effort. Detailed discussion here: Re: Accessing movieClip.children array Animate CC Canvas

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2018 0