• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC Crashes when Preview or Export to Video is used

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just put together a 12 second animation in Animate CC 2017. I tried previewing the file with the control/enter combination. It starts to load and then half way through it says that 'Abode Animate CC 2017 has stopped working.' Then it says 'a problem caused program to stop working correctly.' I then have to shut the program down. The same thing happens when I try to export the file as a video to Adobe Media Encoder 2017. I reinstalled both programs and have no clue why it is doing this?

I am using Action Script 3.0, with a 1080x720 resolution at 30 fps.

I will tell you I just picked up Animate to do an animation that will be used in Premiere Pro once I figure out what my problem is. I am most likely the problem, as I am so new to this program.

Any help will be appreciated! Thank you much!

Chris

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

I appreciate your help guys!

I was on the phone with Adobe support and they tried about everything as far as the program was concerned. Finally, they had me try another animation. It was only a tree that I made, but I made it into a one second animation. It exported perfectly.

So they said I had a flaw in my big animation and would have to do it over in steps to see where the problem was.

So I took Joseph's advice and actually deleted the layers that had a ton of vectors in them. I used that tree,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this occur before if you have a TON of vectors on the stage all at once. This was with a student project and converting many of them to bitmap within the program solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joseph for taking the time to answer. I went back and converted all the vector artwork that was static to bitmap. I had several layers that were very much vector rich. Most of them were not involved in the animation process.

I left the animation layers in the symbol format.

Unfortunately, after doing that I still was not able to export or preview the video in SWF. It still crashed. Not sure what I need to do next?

Again, thanks for the help!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird. Joseph is probably right but for now, try this: File > Export > Export to Video and try exporting a MOV file. Then you can import that into Premiere Pro.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a slight flaw in your idea. In exporting video to MOV, the first thing that happens is a SWF is made. That then gets recorded as a QuickTime file. It seems to be the creating the SWF stage that is causing the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help guys!

I was on the phone with Adobe support and they tried about everything as far as the program was concerned. Finally, they had me try another animation. It was only a tree that I made, but I made it into a one second animation. It exported perfectly.

So they said I had a flaw in my big animation and would have to do it over in steps to see where the problem was.

So I took Joseph's advice and actually deleted the layers that had a ton of vectors in them. I used that tree, along with three others and populated a layer with them. Literally hundreds of them ..... all vector art. So I deleted that layer along with another that had a similar population. Once those two layers were deleted and I saved the animation under another name, it exported perfectly!

Thank you Joseph! Good call!

I will be a little more conservative when doing large animations with the fine detail I think.

Thank you all for your responses and advice!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like some work but happy to hear it got sorted in the end!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started on a second animation about the same size and length as the last and have been testing the preview as I add new layers and it seems to be doing what it was supposed to.

Thanks again Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem for me today, I have a project with lots of levels of vector stars created in illustrator, nested in animated symbols. I just read this and broke apart that illustrator star artwork, within their symbols. Now when I test it pauses at 50% and instead of crashing goes on to complete the task! So glad I googled the problem and found this, so thanks everyone.

Still strange that tasks that were once straightforward are sometimes troublesome in new versions, we have to constantly keep reviewing our working methods, before CC I'd always keep and old version handy, as it seemed it took a while for bugs to be ironed out. Anyway, this solved the problem on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joseph!

You just saved me hours of trying to figure this out. I made a shape tween between two vectors that are direct outputs from the adobe capture app and I had the same problem with crashing. Now I guess I'll have to figure out a workflow to simplify the vectors.

Big Thanks! Must be nice to have a bunch of students to find bugs like this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not my students but some that were referred to me! *shrugs*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have 300 tweens, 1 bitmap, 1 symbol, 0 vectors, but I have the same problem. How am I supposed to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines