• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC drawing bug for Windows 10 Tablet PC users.

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is NOT solved

Animate CC has a serious bug pertaining to all Tablet PC devices using Windows 10, whenever you start to draw you will receive a lag that draws a straight line from where you started to put your pen down to wherever your stylus is at the time the lag is complete.

I would like to start by showing how real and sever this bug has been to the Animate CC community by referring to past forums I have found regarding this very same issue that goes back as far as 2013. All these posts are by the various professional users who are not able to use Animate CC properly on their tablet PC device. Many of these users (including me) need to use Animate CC as a source of income. Please take a look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/adobeanimate/comments/fuqjen/straight_lines_at_beginning_of_brush_strokes/?...

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2519059

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1427773

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9859004#9859004

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1515604

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/adobe-flash-professionalanimate-cc-brush-strok...

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1236230

https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/5zba7h/ive_read_everywhere_that_animate_cc_doesnt/deyn7fd/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpronew-surfupdate/new-surface-pro-drawing-bug-...

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2178683

From what I can tell this issue is part Microsoft windows Ink's doing and part Adobe's doing. Microsoft released their Windows Ink update a few years back which did not sit well with many Adobe users. Over time Adobe has been able to accommodate this change by Microsoft, but has not yet solved all the issues for Adobe Animate CC leaving it's users wondering why there is no fix and resorting to reverting back to Windows 7 or abandoning Animate CC altogether for other animation packages. It's been very frustrating using Animate CC to draw because of the initial drawing line bug for many tablet users. For Adobe developers working on AnimateCC, I'll tell you everything I know in hopes of making this your top priority. The below image contains blue circles that I drew to demonstrate the issue. I'm using the absolute latest version of AnimateCC and Windows 10.  This issue persists on AES, N-Trig and EMR devices. So yes, Surface Book users will experience all these pains when trying to use Animate CC. I circled the problem areas in red which are essentially the initial start to the drawing of the circles. Ironically the red circles are also warped due to this bug. Keep in mind that I'm a professional artist and drawing circles is common practice for me. Pay notice unintentional lines that are created from my brushstrokes.

Below are some more circles but drawn with Adobe Photoshop CC on the same machine to show you the difference.

Let's look deeper into this issue. A big clue is that Windows uses screen holds to simulate right clicks. Below you can see this in action and how it relates to the issue. The radial matches up with the initial drawing line. Keep in mind that with Hold Right clicks turned on I am NOT able to draw until I cross that radial threshold.  You are not able to see it in the below animation but I am scribbling inside that radial circle during the time it looks like my cursor is frozen in the center. Only When I leave the radial area does my line begin to pick up.

DrawLineBug.gif

Now lets turn off Hold To Right Click

Just like previously, when the below cursor animation freezes I'm actually scribbling around a bit before I leave that now invisible radial area (at which point I'm not able to draw) and the drawing picks up with that straight line. If you are thinking in your head "this guy is claiming he can't draw dots or tiny circles" then you are correct.

DrawLineBug02.gif

but let's go ahead an turn on that Microsoft legacy patch that everyone's been talking about for photoshop (which is not needed currently with Photoshop CC). Then restart flash

what seems to be happening in the animation below is that the radial area seems to have gotten a lot smaller (maybe 1/5 the size) but still receiving the line drawing lag.

DrawLineBug03.gif

The faster you draw the more obvious and large that lag line becomes so the patch doesn't really fix much.

DrawLineBug04.gif

Below is just demonstrate how consistently bad this bug is. This is me trying to draw semi-circles. Red AnimateCC / Black Photoshop

DrawLineBug05.gifDrawLineBug06.gif

Please, please, please fix this bug as I need to make a living animating using AnimateCC. I have been a loyal Animate CC user for many years and have integrated Animate CC into many great projects. I do not wish to leave Animate CC and begin working with a new package, but unfortunately, I don't have much of an option at this point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Hi,

Appologise for the time it took to make progress on this. The latest Animate update 20.0.3 comes with a Windows Ink (Beta) Tablet Input option. This is actually amied to resolve this issue. Would really appreciate if you guys can try out this option and share your feedback

Edit > Preferences > Drawing > Tablet Input > Windows Ink (Beta).

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/animate/using/whats-new/2020-1.html#windows_ink

Thanks!

Mohan  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thanks for all the details. We have raised a bug internally for investigation. Will update you once the issue is resolved.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the update be made?

I am eagerly looking forward to resolving this issue.

As an anime creator using AnimateCC on Samsung notebooks, I hope that this problem will be resolved as soon as possible.

Because of this, I can not do anything with my laptop.

It's really sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious? Or just pushing us down the road? Lots of Canadian animators still use this. So do Americans! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue. please help!!! ngbbs5a1adb0006a29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to buy a Surface Pro. Why are you destroying your Animate CC  clients?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to seem absurd but I was pulling my hair out trying to get around this bug and in addition to disabling click and hold to right click, I had to go into "Pen and Windows Ink" and turn off "Show Visual Effects". Apparently even if you disable click and hold Windows is still checking whether it should show the visual effect of clicking and holding. Also click "Let me use my pen as a mouse". Between the two I am now able to make small enough circles to represent pupils in my cartoons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong, but I don't believe this actually fixed the issue. Trying this solution out made the "line" lag draw by time instead of by distance. So if you draw your circles really quickly the "line bug" will re-appear. Please let me know if i'm wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not wrong. For me, it's an improvement over not being able to draw small circles at all. But I have to wait five seconds between drawing one circle and the next circle as the software performs its post stroke completion smoothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm still having this issue as well. I know this was raised a year ago but I wanted to see if there were any new developments with this bug. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this problem be solved this year?

It's been a long time since this issue has been raised, but it's a pity that there are no updates yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted my solution to this as a reply to an Adobe dev, if you follow what I did it should work for you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw your comment. 😄

Like you said, I am using a Wacom cintiq when I need to work with AnimateCC on my laptop.
With Wacom cintiq, drawing bugs do not occur.

But this doesn't make sense.
The purpose of using a 2in1 PC is to carry only one notebook.

If you intend to use it with another digitizer device,
You will buy a much lighter and better laptop for the same price.

It is not a solution to carry another device because of an error in AnimateCC.

I hope this resolves as soon as possible ...
I would like to know what is going on right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I faced with the same issue in new 20.0 version. But it was well in previous version. I still didn't find solution

I have Huion HS610. Windows 10. 

I have updated drivers but didn't help. It is still works for version 19 but not for 20. In updated photoshop no issues, only with Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i've got the exact same issue. On Photoshop 20 or Illustrator, no problem but impossible to draw something on animate because of this line ... 

Using Huion WH1409 ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. This has been going on for years I finally decided to make a account just to state my outrage. Really? Still no patch? How can you charge us money knowing we can barely even use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was first recovered on October 14, 2018, and a year and four months passed.

After several updates, the problem is still not resolved.

May 16, 2019,
Adobe has said it will solve the problem, but unfortunately Adobe doesn't seem to be able to solve it.

After nine months, the problem has not been solved.

Adobe won't be interested in this issue unless someone spreads it over to YouTube.

I would like to let Adobe know what's going on to fix this.

If this cannot be solved,
I think it should be announced that Windows 10 2in1 PC can be difficult to use AnimateCC.
That way, many users will not feel uncomfortable and will not feel betrayed.

Adobe should take responsibility for this problem as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of adobe animate but i'm still experiencing this bug. It's annoying and seriously effects my workflow, yet somehow I am managing to live with it. I thought it was supposed to be fixed in late 2019? What happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im the creator of this post and this issue has not been resolved but yet it's marked as resolved. I continue to see users frustrated by this issue and turning away to other software packages. Here's a link to a user that has this problem in 2020. Please re-open this issue. It is not resolved!

https://www.reddit.com/r/adobeanimate/comments/fuqjen/straight_lines_at_beginning_of_brush_strokes/?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Appologise for the time it took to make progress on this. The latest Animate update 20.0.3 comes with a Windows Ink (Beta) Tablet Input option. This is actually amied to resolve this issue. Would really appreciate if you guys can try out this option and share your feedback

Edit > Preferences > Drawing > Tablet Input > Windows Ink (Beta).

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/animate/using/whats-new/2020-1.html#windows_ink

Thanks!

Mohan  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow finally !! Problem solved !!!
Thank you very much!!
Finally, I can use 2in1 laptop 100%.

I hope many people know this !!!!!애니메이트 문제 해결.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming, really appreciate it. We will continue to improve this in the coming Animate updates as well. 

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even begin to explain how glad i am for this amazing update. The problem is completely fixed, and now I can finally have a good drawing experience with animate! My thanks to all the adobe team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it wont show up for me and i have adobe animate 2020. can someone help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bruh. I just want to animate smoothly. how is there still no fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines