Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC: Export animated GIF: Animated PNG 24 drop menu not working

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey pals,

I have a short animation im working on and i need it to be transparent, gifs work with binary transparency which looks super jagged when i upload it. PNG 24 however have a really good transparency, perf for what i need (or so ive heard). when i go into export animated gif it gives me a box on the right that has gif, png, png 8, png 24 - i want png 24 but everything except for gif is unavailable. whats going on? all i want to do is basically export this as a animated png 24 but i just cant bloody do it. please help me out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Take all 24 gifs into adobe premiere all lined out. Then export your sequence through media. The drop-down menu choose animated gif. The click export. That should do it. You can actually do the same through animate but this way you will get less jagged. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 8.35.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 8.35.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

"GIF Stands for "Graphics Interchange Format." GIF is an image file format commonly used for images on the web and sprites in software programs. Unlike the JPEG image format, GIFs uses lossless compression that does not degrade the quality of the image. However, GIFs store image data using indexed color, meaning a standard GIF image can include a maximum of 256 colors."

From https://techterms.com/definition/gif

This is also true for Animated GIFs.

There is no Animated PNG format!

What you can do is to export to HTML5 Canvas, set Publish Settings > Image Settings Format to PNG and the Quality high 24/32 bit. It's no Animated GIF but you get the quality you are after.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not true. Animated PNG does exist and it's mostly used for Apple stickers.

See other Adobe Community entries: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/best-way-of-rendering-to-an-animated-png-with-alpha-cha...

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APNG

Animate CC tutorial: https://youtu.be/efoF8aEkyYQ

I have tried to find a way to export an animated PNG directly from Adobe though and it seems you need a third party converter or plugin, as this is not possible directly out of Adobe. If anyone has found a solution in the meantime, I would love to hear from you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take all 24 gifs into adobe premiere all lined out. Then export your sequence through media. The drop-down menu choose animated gif. The click export. That should do it. You can actually do the same through animate but this way you will get less jagged. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 8.35.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 8.35.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

He doesn't want an animated GIF. He wants an animated PNG, so your solution is incorrect. It's a bit pitiful that Adobe Animate doesn't provide an animated PNG export option. Come on Adobe, pull your finger out!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines