• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC hardware acceleration & performance

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Animate CC for animation and interactive applications and will upgrade my workstation. I struggle to find info on optimum hardware. I am not interested in general info, instead I am trying to find specific info on Animate CC. So, for example, articles with benchmarks for After Effects are considered irrelevant. Moreover, I am really interested in studying benchmarks, which I cannot find, in order to evaluate the performance in specific actions of the platform. So, for example, I am interested in being able to move clusters of frames including tweens on the timeline and having the resulting timeline appear instantly, if possible. I also want the preview to work flawlessly even on complex animations, so I do not have the need to export video, and hence loose time, just so I can get a good feeling of the real feel and flow of the animation etc. Benchmarks are also needed so I can evaluate the price/performance ratio of my options, so I do not end up investing a lot of money on tiny gains.

My basic questions are:

1. 1.       How does AMD Ryzen 2 series fair to current Intel Core i5/7, considering all available optimizations?
  2. 2.       Is the graphics card accelerating Animate CC and if so, on which processes of the platform?
  3. 3.       If the answer to 2 is yes, which graphics card models are considered adequate to accelerate Animate CC (are consumer models accelerating or pro models are needed?) and is there significant performance difference between AMD and nVidia models?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Adobe Animate CC system requirements  to run animate.

From here the more powerful the computer the faster and better results you will see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer.

However, I have already read it and does not really cover any of my questions above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering this is the official Adobe forums, I find it disappointing having my question marked as “assumed answered”. I appreciate the response time to answer by nickg28, but I did not get a real answer to my questions. I can understand that Adobe might be unwilling to provide info on performance between AMD/Intel or nVidia/AMD but I find it unacceptable that I do not get an answer on such a basic question as whether GPU acceleration occurs in Animate CC and hence if investing on a graphics card will improve performace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am checking with the team. Will get back as soon as I have a response.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any response?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bjorn Von Bjarn 

any response to what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any more info on this?

In response to Pagios comment about: "Adobe might be unwilling to provide info on performance between AMD/Intel or nVidia/AMD..." I think they actually should. After Effects, Premiere and AME all get a performance boost when using an nVidia Graphics card that utilise the CUDA architecture.

As a motion graphics artist and animator I use animate CC all the time and would love to find a the best hardware specs for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you find any relevant info please post it here because it doesn’t seem like “the team” is interested in providing any!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Team" did not reply because Adobe animate is not using GPU at all, it uses CPU, and there is no option to turn the GPU on....

I just found this out today, when i imported 8,000 frames and it took ages....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Pagios bringing the question here. It is sincerely annoying that the adobe team doesn't respond on this basic question. Mainly as the official forum. 

We are all professional, and even if not, that would be just nice to know how to far we need to invest to have a decent way of using the soft in a good condition.  I'm currently working on a big international TV show, leading the team I can only see that the software hasn't been optimized much since flash cs3 Wich was the most stable version. I need to provide /retake a lot of shots by going in the scenes, copy the keys, moving them, and it 's still take forever... The work flow is still terrible. And I did change my set up, new computer with way better components. The gain is so small... So I really wonder like Pagios said, what is the best set up should we use to have Animate working the best? 

Big cheers to all the artists having the same question without answer. 

No wonder why a lot of production company are trying other soft. 

Just saying, "can be better" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About question 2

And Im 3 years late to respond but I only had the question now that Im using windows and fristrated with performance.

Because windows has hundreds of settings everywhere 😄.

I noticed adobe animate inproved after changing the settings on nvidia control pannel to use maximum or high performance on all and + sepcific apps. 

I am using i7 6th gen and Nvidia quadro m1001 with ddr3

and windows 10 pro

Steps I followed to optimize my experience I took from a video on youtube.

after noticing Animate was lagging on a $5,300 worth machine !

its called

“Wacom mobilestudio pro 16 how to setup and optimize for digital art.”

at about the minute 10:43

https://youtu.be/TOSgU1qyRNo 

good luck i still have same questions. And would be nice to be able to utalize the graphic power from animate preferences

BUY MOBILESTUDIO PRO 16: https://aaronrutten.link/MSP16Gen2 (Affiliate link) In part 2 of my review of the Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16, I'll walk you through setting up a brand new device and show you how I optimized my tablet for making digital art with software like Corel Painter and Photoshop ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just installed a new graphics card. Moving from an nvidia 980 ti to the new rtx 4070. I've seen no performance boost in animate, though I did in harmony [which relies on the gpu]. I'm running cc2019 because I prefer the interface and work on television productions. most of my work is in and has been in animate and flash since 2006. I was told by a colleague that animate relies on available hard drive space on the disk it's installed on for performance. I'm trying to confirm this.  But from what I can find the GPU doesn't seem to increase performance. There doesn't seem to be a way to change or designate a scratch disk folder either so I can't quickly confirm the drive space theory. That said I found this other thread that may help:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/adobe-animate-use-gpu/m-p/11954293#M342711

I'm going to attempt to upgrade the rest of my rig and hope I get fewer lags and crashes. But the GPU doesn't seem to be the "magic component" for this program. Best of luck out there! - Smo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for performance, ram is relevant, but not hard drive space (beyond being adequate to save the fla)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yeah that's what I was thinking too. I've never really found that to be so much of an issue unless the drive is VERY full, in which case everything is a little affected. So always a good measure to keep a little headroom imo incase there is a "virtual memory" situation happening at any point [that was more of a concern ins mx and flash 8].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For vector operations a CPU upgrade makes a bigger difference than a GPU one. Almost everything is CPU based in Animate. As far as I know, the GPU is only used extensively by the Asset Warp tool and the Fluid Brush.

You mentioned that you prefer Animate 2019 because of the interface, however that version, along with 2020 was one of the most unstable; I remember that save times, brush processing, camera and frame filters were very slow as well so I would consider upgrading. It's possible to have multiple versions installed at the same time so you can still keep An 2019 if that's a concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines