• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC horribly slow and laggy on iMac 5K Screen

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody have this and find a solution? I took my iMac in to the Apple store today. and it checked out on all diagnostics. Everything in CC runs great if I plug in another monitor that is not 5K and use it on that screen.  If I use it on my 5K screen or plug in another 5k screen, it's incredibly laggy. Is there anything I'm missing that I could be trying here?

Thanks!

Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

A couple of thoughts:

I wonder if there is some sort of ancient issue about having an interface more than 4096 pixels across? If you resize the UI to say 75% or less of the screen, does make a difference?

If you Get Info on Animate there is an option to open in Low Resolution. I just did a test on my MacBook Pro, and with a large stage 60 fps, pressing Return to have it run through the timeline over 240 frames, it took 5 seconds in low resolution on both external Cinema Display and internal Retina

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of thoughts:

I wonder if there is some sort of ancient issue about having an interface more than 4096 pixels across? If you resize the UI to say 75% or less of the screen, does make a difference?

If you Get Info on Animate there is an option to open in Low Resolution. I just did a test on my MacBook Pro, and with a large stage 60 fps, pressing Return to have it run through the timeline over 240 frames, it took 5 seconds in low resolution on both external Cinema Display and internal Retina. Not quite the 4 seconds it should take. In high resolution it only took 5.5 seconds, so for my MacBook Pro it's not a lot in it. But then I only that many pixels across both of my screens combined!

If trying the low res trick solves performance for working, you might fret about not getting the most out of your 5K screen, but at least you can get some work done.

Let me know what you see, including the 75% of the screen for the UI test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin - the Low Resolution thing helped a ton!

This problem has been dogging me for such a long time. Thanks so much for helping me out. I really appreciate it!

Your biggest fan

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you can live with the non-Retina-ish of it!

Did you do the 75% UI size test too? Just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me too, thanks!
Maybe Flash should detect when it's unable to function at a given resolution, and throw ap an alert?
I thought  this might possibly be the solution to the unusably slow illustrator cc 2019 + iMac 5k, but it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines