Highlighted

Animate CC HTML5 Canvas Streaming Video

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm facing troubles when creating a video banner ad with Animate CC. I created a canvas (as I need a HTML5 banner),

added a video-component and set the source path to a rtmp url:

rtmp://88.198.92.206:1935/oln/prerolls/OEBB_2160x3840_GIRAFFE_FINAL.mp4

The video seems to play well in the banner but it doesn't stream at all (I checked the waterfall, and it takes very long to start playing on a mobile).

Do I need some special adjustments for a streaming video?

Best regards, Christoph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animate CC HTML5 Canvas Streaming Video

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm facing troubles when creating a video banner ad with Animate CC. I created a canvas (as I need a HTML5 banner),

added a video-component and set the source path to a rtmp url:

rtmp://88.198.92.206:1935/oln/prerolls/OEBB_2160x3840_GIRAFFE_FINAL.mp4

The video seems to play well in the banner but it doesn't stream at all (I checked the waterfall, and it takes very long to start playing on a mobile).

Do I need some special adjustments for a streaming video?

Best regards, Christoph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link isn't working for me.

Maybe this will help. Add or incorporate video in Adobe Animate CC

scroll down to were it talks about streaming media.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 1
Advocate ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christoph

You are targeting HTML5 Canvas and want to stream with HTML5 Video Component via RTMP (Real-time Messaging Protocol).

@nickg28's link is all about FLVPlayback Component, AS 3/2 and Flash Player.

For real streaming there might simply be this basic Problem:

• "HTML5 does NOT support RTMP. They do however support audio playback, using the tag. You need to include mp3 ogg and wav, as no one format is supported by all browsers. However, like I said, HTML5 only supports httpd, not RTMP"

(from a stackoverflow thread titled Play RTMP live stream in HTML5 )

Consider that audio streaming seem to work inside HTML5. Video is probably more appropriate to simply play from HTTP.

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 1
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus and Nick,

Thanks a lot for your answers! I‘m just wandering how those videobanners out there are implemented?

Do they simply link to a mp4 file without any streaming, etc? What if the file size is a few megabytes?

Best regards, Christoph

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0