Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate cc HTML5 takes a long time to load up on the browser

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

So, I have a project, a kind of a small game for children. I have it in HTML5. The entire project (including all the resources like images and sound) is around 3.8 Mb. When I host it on a website, I am running into a trouble. The site opens up and kind of gets stuck for around 5-6 seconds. After that, everything works fine.

I thought of a fix as following: I tried writing the word, "LOADING..." on the very first frame as I thought that it was the first frame at which the entire animation was getting stuck at. However that is not the case. It still gets stuck for 5-6 seconds. After that I could see the word "LOADING...".

Can anybody please suggest a fix?

P.S. I cannot share the link of the site as it is kind of a sample to be presented and I have been warned not to show the samples to anywhere else.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without you doing some amount of extra work, Animate HTML5 Canvas things have to fully load before you see anything. In the publish settings you can choose to have a loader, but that is just an animated GIF that sits in the same DIV, waiting for the Animate project to replace it.

Going back to your main problem, which is the time it's taking to load, you could use spritesheets or texture map, that dramatically cuts down the number of files that have to be downloaded, and the load time is more dependent on the number of files than their size, within reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What if I use a simle image as preloader? Say, for example, a white background with the word "LOADING..." on it?

I do not have much knowledge on preloaders. Can you guide me to a link to know more on them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines