• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC_Onion Skin Settings

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no settings for transparency of the onion skin?

In other programs like OpenToonz you get to choose the thickness off your "paper" (imagine using a light box for animation) I've gotten used to the feel of a very thin onion skin is there any way I can recreate this effect in Animate CC?

Disclaimers:

1.) I've already changed the past/future skin colour to a less saturated white colour.

2.) I know that stretching out the onion skin anchors make it more transparent, but this is not the way because it brings up unwanted onion frames.

3.) Changing the whole layer to Alpha doesn't work for me, because the next frame you'll be drawing is transparent.

It's really close to the way I wanted it to look, but just thinner would be nice.

Capture3.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

I don't think there is a way to customize the transparency of Onion Skins in Adobe Animate Frame-by-frame animation with Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a way to customize the transparency of Onion Skins in Adobe Animate Frame-by-frame animation with Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There really should be! I would like to see previous/next frames, but not being able to adjust the opacity is pretty annoying. You should be able to set the minimum and maximum Onion Skin opacity. For an example, see how it is handled in the AnimDessin 2 animation plugin for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AHeuser,
Holding down the Onion Skin button brings up the Advanced Settings for onion skinning. Is this what you meant?
onion_skin_advanced_settings.png onion_skin_advanced_settings_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this has since been outdated, do you have new directions on how to change onion skin settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines