Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC Pixel art

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

Is there a way to turn vector art to pixel. I have seen some articles in the past that refer to using ActionScript to do this. 

All art is vector art created in Animate. I am exporting to Spritesheet (these are game assets). Is there a way I can manupulate the out

Thanks in adnacnved. 

TOPICS
ActionScript , How to , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Hi mate,

I'm just not competent enough to give you full answers (I don't do pixel art) and was hoping that someone who does pixel art would jump in, but since no one did, here is what I know:

There is a pixel brush plugin which seems to have been very popular in the past, but is now abandoned.

As far as I know it still works just fine if you manage to find the source and get it going.

In theory all old plugins still work and you may be able to find the source and instructions how to install in Ani

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmmm. judging by the lack of responses, that would be a NO??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

I'm just not competent enough to give you full answers (I don't do pixel art) and was hoping that someone who does pixel art would jump in, but since no one did, here is what I know:

There is a pixel brush plugin which seems to have been very popular in the past, but is now abandoned.

As far as I know it still works just fine if you manage to find the source and get it going.

In theory all old plugins still work and you may be able to find the source and instructions how to install in Animate.

Here is an article that describes the tool: https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/creating-pixel-art-in-flash-using-pixel-tools-v20--active-6448

You need to enable Flash Player in your browser to see some of the illustrations.

But then comes the question why would you want to create pixel art in a vector based application only to rasterise it later? Does not make much sense to me.

If you only need to have the outer silhouette of your assets aliased, that is a whole different problem. 

In the past there was just a Smoothing checkmark when exporting PNGs and if unchecked that is what you got - aliased edges. It seems to be a bug in Animate, but it does not affect the export now.

If that is what you need, you can still put the alpha through a threshold batch processing in Photoshop and get that somehow.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines