• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC, Wacom tablet, brush tool begins with straight line

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a lot of people post about this but I thought I would share my specific situation.  Like many, when using my tablet (Intuos4 PTK-840) in Animate, the brush tool creates a straight, horizontal line at the beginning of each brush stroke (see the magenta lines I did below).

2020-02-07.jpg

Most people experiencing this seem to be using a dual monitor set up on Windows 10.  Now the issue only arises when when I use the display toggle on my tablet to work on one monitor at a time.  Unfortunately this is the only elegant way to work.  If I set the screen area to full (both monitors), the tool works fine but since I'm only using Animate on the right monitor, the left half of my tablet is basically going to waste.  I can turn off one of my monitors but I use the other one for my reference photos, music etc. so this is still a huge inconvenience. 

The only work-around I found is exiting Animate, setting display to "show only on 1", opening Animate again and then setting display back to "extend these displays".  Unfortunately once I go to "test scene" or anything similar, it reverts and I have to do it all over again.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled both Animate and the Wacom driver, restarted my computer and have had no success.

I also tried the work-around of restarting "Wacom Professional Service" in the Services panel but then I lost my pressure sensitivity.  Same thing happens when I disable Windows Ink

This issue does not occur in Photoshop or any other program I've tried so far.  I hope this information will give some insight and we can finally figure this out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'll detail my set up below:

Adobe Animate 2020

Windows 10 Pro

Monitors display at 1920x1200 and 2564x1440 respectively

I'm using a Wacom Intuos4 model PTK-840

TOPICS
Error , Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround you can use single display or you can set a different display scaling factor for one of the monitor. Its a temporary solution for fixing the offset. We are working on a fix for this issue soon. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you going back a driver to see if that fixes it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did.  In fact I tried a few of them.  No dice I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines