Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC...

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate CC...

I've been working on a project for 2 months. I have a back up file...

I was working on it yesterday... no problems

Today for no reason Animate CC reset it's preferences...

All my hotkeys are gone...

My workstation's gone...

my .fla file will not open... (an error occurred opening file)

I have the latest version...

Auto-Update is OFF

it doesn't even tell me why...

I've uninstalled and re-installed

Nothing is working...

This might be one of the worst experiences I've ever had using an animation program.

I don't think I can recommend this to anyone even if it's used by "standard companies"

I just want to recover my project and move on to a different software.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Hi!

I'm sorry for your terrible experience!

There have been multiple reports recently of people losing their work due to file corruption in AnCC 2019.1.

It is difficult to tell if your case is the same or not since others have not reported reset profiles. But it is possible that they have not noticed.

Here is a similar theme from yesterday where I posted some suggestions about protecting your digital work.

Lost Scenes in Adobe Animate 2019​

As for your config folder and keeping copies of your shortc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I am restoring my pc to yesterdays version and hopefully that'll fix this issue..

If i had to start from a blank project i still have my assets?

Symbols and keyframes?

Could i load them into another?

Could i load drawings that aren't symbols?

This whole process is so uncommon and unfortunate...

I can still open projects that were made before this one. All I was doing yesterday was drawing keyframes. Thats it. didnt mess with file structure or anything. I dont know what could have possibly damaged the file, if just using the programs basic properties does this that is a HUGE issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i never had this problem before with my storage..

it might be even your HardDrive's doing. when you see something happening with your files without your interaction, you might want to back everything on your HDD and replace it.

if you want to import your assets from other projects, your best solution is to use Source files (from where you imported the assets)and if you made all your assets, you are doomed. start using cloud storage for those kind of stuff next time..

i can try to run your .fla file if you want another machine will try to load it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GogetaX​

I do weekly renders for the project I have all the content (of course it's an un-editable mp4) but I'm planning on just taking that / drawing on top of it and finishing it in another software that wont self implode.

I might have to get my hard drive looked at then it is running out of space (It's got 44GB free left on it) I don't think it's an issue with my cpu though.

Thank you for the suggestion. At this point with the research I've done I don't think there is any possibility of recovery. it's just so weird that adobe locks you out of your own file if it's "corrupted" If i can't open it to see the corruption I can't fix it. I don't even know why.

It could be a directory issue of moving asset folders/trying to load something that's not there. Or just simply it's unable to support large files. I'll never know and adobe (given how long they've been around for) will never fix the issue.

This happens to everybody and I really wish it wasn't a thing in a professional program, they really let me down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have to get my hard drive looked at then it is running out of space (It's got 44GB free left on it) I don't think it's an issue with my cpu though.

are you using SSD hard drive? cuz if that's the case, you need 80% free space to actually worth with it properly. keep that in mind.

its true that those kind of stuff happens to people all the time, i remember i lost my project files with different apps also..

like Delphi and other game design apps i used before..

i hope you will get around those problems, good luck ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I'm sorry for your terrible experience!

There have been multiple reports recently of people losing their work due to file corruption in AnCC 2019.1.

It is difficult to tell if your case is the same or not since others have not reported reset profiles. But it is possible that they have not noticed.

Here is a similar theme from yesterday where I posted some suggestions about protecting your digital work.

Lost Scenes in Adobe Animate 2019​

As for your config folder and keeping copies of your shortcut files, I have written a few different posts on the topic, but this might be a good place to start.

In fact you can actually zip your whole config folder after installing extensions, saving workspaces and so on and restore it very easily if it gets corrupted.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines