Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate crash when I run exportPNG in a Jsfl script

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a bug with doc.exportPNG(myURI, true, true); or doc.exportPNG(myURI, true, false); in a Jsfl script that crash Animate CC 19.2.1 (408) every time at the 24th frame with a Jsfl script that use the exportPNG function.

Can it be Graphic Card related? I'm on a Intel(R) HD Graphics 620.

I have submit a bug report, but nothing tell me that it's been received by support.

Related: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2258230

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FF71CDBA525 in Animate.exe : 0xC0000005 : Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the JSFL script run well, without crashing, with Animate 18.0.2 (build 126). I'm just pulling out hair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have some dmp files related to the Crash in ..\AppData\Local\CrashDumps but cannot do anything with them. I've make a bug report, but nothing back from Adobe, like the bug report is send in the internet limbo.

My script is working in 2018, and crash with some files in 2019. Cannot figure out what can be the origin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I run a quick test here using this code...

var doc = fl.getDocumentDOM();

var script = fl.scriptURI;

var uri = script.replace(script.split("/").pop(), "") + "test.png";

doc.exportPNG(uri, true, true);

... and it's working.

Does this error you're facing happen with any FLA or frame?

Can you show us your code?

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doc.exportPNG(uri, true, true);

export a png image.

But I want a sequence of pngs. With :

doc.exportPNG(uri, true, false);

And then it crash!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.

I changed the third argument to false and I was able to export 24 PNG files without errors.

Maybe it has something to do with your hardware specs or with your Animate CC installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same script is working well with the same fla file in Animate 2018. And crash in 2019! My solution for now is to roll back in 2018, but I suspect a bug in 2019 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is 2019. The same version and build as yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing: maybe the content you're trying to export is too heavy. Does this crash happen if you try to export the PNG files via File > Export > Export Movie...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I have tested on a simple fla file (Macromedia - Flash : Samples ). I can crash 2019 with my script, but not with a simple basic script as yours. So there is perhaps something in my script which 2019 doesn't like.

I also don't understand why that it's working well in 2018. The Animate's magic perhaps!

I will investigate my script. Adobe have change things in the Javascript API from 2018 to 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines