Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate crashes when importing an Illustrator file with multiple layers

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone,

with the last version, animate close him-self when i trying to import a illustrator file with multiple layers... please does anyone have an explanation ?

(sorry for my english, i'm french 😉 )

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is an issue with Animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like an Animate issue, so I've moved it to the Animate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries about your English. The behavior that you experience is definitely not expected. I suggest getting in touch with our tech support team using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m They can investigate and log a bug if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, crashes every time....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with the latest version of aniomate, can't import either to stage or to library, crushes all the time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue here after the lastes animate cc update. Importing was pretty quick a couple of weeks ago and had no issues so far. Now I have the app freezing, and I'm not even 50% above of my PC resources. This continues happening after I removed the entire CC desktop app. Cleaned up windows registry + updated Windows to the lastes updates. The only difference is that I see new information on screen buy, cannot copy-paste from illustrator the same way I do to InDesign.

Plus is affecting other apps like Premiere Rush and After Effects. And all I see from Adobe support is dead end articles wich leads to dead ends. I have a vast XP in PC repairs as well as software development and I can assure you that this is not a matter of hardware compatibility of lack of resources. It was working 2 weeks ago, then, a new update started landed and had the mistake to update. BIG MISTAKE that cost me 8 HOURS of TROUBLESHOOTING between windows updates + event viewer errors + Adobe logs (see image attached) and some .NET CC++ related BACK-AND-FORWARD with no solution here. All the remain apps that have nothing todo with VIDEO RENDER like InDesign, Xd, Illustrator, Photoshop, LightRoom have no issues.

And does not ends there, I lost 3 HOURS digging in Adobe Forums + Google + duckduckgo + stackoverflow and many other sites looks for related information about the windows log error and NO ONE have explained in clear termns when the issue started and what they did to solve it. Also went from recommendations to check my PC from malwares and stuff like that and I can tell is DAMN CLEAN!

So investing 8 HOURS YESTERDAY for a solution to a problem you've caused, and 4 HOURS TODAY, says to me that you own me something big! Either you fix this so my team is able to continue working or I will do my best to move to another 3rd party solution. And you bet we will never use adobe for any future project and will not also recommend to our clients, family and friend. It's difficult to consider stop using Adobe because is good when you don't mess around with updates.

So, basic issue is: All video rendering apps will fail in different things. But vectoring, document and photo edition apps works fine. I will expect immediate attendance to this since so far, no one is cristal clear about why this is happening since last update.

THANK YOU!Adobe Error on windows 10.PNGSketchConfigTest-ucrtbase.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have sent you a private message for details. Please check.

Thanks, Sukhesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ever get an answer for this please let us know! Thank you for all the research, I was looking to get into this program but have been experiencing nothing but issues. Will be checking out third party as well in the meantime!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you try drag/drop or copy/paste?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try dragging from ai and dropping into animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't import. Copy from Illustrator and paste into Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks bro you saved my time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines