• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate different timelines on the same scene - learning.

Participant ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started to look into Animate. I have a small amount of knowledge back in the flash days.

My question is how do you create 2 independent timelines. Basically I have a slidinging in panel with some type, once the slideing in has finished I would like an 2 arrows to animate near the type.

At the moment the sliding in panel is in a symbol and inside the symbol is the arrow ready to animate. This needs to start after the symbol is completed sliding in.

Can anyone help or point us to a link?

Hope this make sense..

lister

TOPICS
ActionScript , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course there are multiple ways to handle things like this.

at the end of your timeline you can tell the arrows to animate. Now I am not sure what you mean by "start to animate". Are these symbols which their own timeline? If so I suppose you have a stop at the beginning. Then you can add this on the text timeline.

this.arrow.play();

or

this.arrow.gotoAndPlay(1);    // 1 because I suppose 0 has the stop code

Now you could also use the same timeline as the text and animate the arrows there if the animation of the arrow is not inside the arrows.

So we need a little more explanation to be able to assess what is actually going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question was how to create independent timelines.

The answer to that question is: movieclip symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your clarification. Indeed movieclip is the correct designation, but since his setup is not clear one movieclip could be enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines