• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate doesn't export audio of selected frame range

Participant ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export different segments of my animation. If I choose a custom frame range, Animate won't export audio. To be sure this isn't a problem with the files I'm using, I tried a new document and a different audio track, and I updated to the latest Animate version. No way... audio is exported only id I choose "all frames".

Not a small problem, it means I get to test my animation only by exporting the whole movie, which is uselessly consuming (Aniamte slow export times are legendary).

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I wasn't aware of this limitation, so thank you for posting. I learnt something new.

I just came up with an easy workaround - split your audio at the entry point of your frame range. Then it will play fine.

After the video is exported you just need to do a single Undo.

Clipboard-1.png

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, tried your solution and it works! Thanks! 

Just one couriosity: I see in your screenshot a light-blue range of frames selected.

I always specify the range from the export panel, I didn't know it was possible to do so directly from the timeline... how do I get those timeline brackets? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Apologies for not replying earlier. Mail notifications seem to have been broken, so I did not see your question.

The blue bar is a new feature in Animate 2020. You can define the playback range with it and it also works as export range input.

Note: If you're on Animate 19, install 20 separately not on top. You might not like the many UI changes and it's better to have the older version until you really know that you are okay with the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I also had some delay in the eamil notifications. Thank you for answering again! Yes I see how those looping brackets work, now. It took me a while to understand I just needed to select "loop" to visualise them. Very useful indeed.

I think I just automatically updatet to 2020 and I don't see anything too dramatically different from 2019, so I guess I can live with it  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick, I just checked out the Flaminate tools and they look great.

Especially the colour palette tool, which seems to be a much better solution to colour management than Animate's (very) crude and quite unreliable color tagging system. 

Thank you for signaling them to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great to hear, Josh!

There's a lot to Flanimate tools besides the Palette Control, but it all depends on what you do and how you work. Just pick what suits your workflow and hide the rest.

I suddenly got the email notification after 10 days of complete radio silence.

All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, no delay in the notifications this time. I actually only replied today! 🙂 ciao!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines