Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate exports outside of stage

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to animate and I have created a simple web banner with some buttons and images. When I export this to .swf, it exports everything that is outside my stage as well. How do I stop this? Pressing "clip content outside of stage" does not help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Just mask your stage.

Create a rectangle shape with the same dimensions as the stage on a new layer. You can use the Align panel for that.

Use this layer as a mask and mask all content.

You can see an example here: https://flash-powertools.com/edapt-movie-template-free-download/

If you are really intending to make web banners you should not be using AS3 type of file which exports to SWF though.

Rather use a html5/Canvas file which will not show content outside of the stage.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I really wanted to use html5, but then I am unable to create glowing buttons I wanted. I am such a noob and I see all this potensial with Animate, but feel like I am just banging my head into a wall with not being able to create what I want. I see these beautiful creations, but cannot find a solution for this relatively simple task. Html5 is really what I want, but how can I make a banner where the text light up when I hover over it? The output says it's not supportet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buttons can have an up, over, down, and hit frames. Make a black rectangle the size of the banner, select it, and Modify/Convert to Symbol. Make it be a Button.

Inside the button, drag frame 1 to move it over to frame 4, the 'hit' frame. That has created a working button.

Set the Over frame to be a keyframe, and make it look like the rollover state for the banner. You could if you wanted just put in a translucent rectangle, that will highlight the elements behind the button in a certain way. Or you could include the banner's graphics, modified to look like the rollover state needs to look.

Do the same for the Down state, if you want the banner to look different when the user clicks on it.

It would be possible to use the Up frame to be the idle state for the banner, and effectively the entire banner is that one button. But, you may run into security issues, which I think are caused because you are able to expose the user to an unexpected image in the Over frame. The button with layer effects over a static background image should be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything that was in the timeline will be exported as files. If you're worried about file size, crop images to only include what the animation will bring into the stage area.

If file size isn't imortant, but you are seeing things sticking out from the sizes, you could mask it, but another approach is to use the stage scale modes. Look into noBorder, it will trim in from the sides to show as much as possible for the aspect ratio that the animation is playing inside of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines