Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate file keeps getting corrupted

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been working on a file for some time. Throughout the process I've saved copies of each file more or less every day (001, 002, etc.).

Yesterday, the latest version of my file (36) wouldn't open, it just displayed the error message that told me the file might be corrupted. I tried uncorrupting it with the WinRar method that gets suggested on this board sometimes, but it didn't work. Luckily, the version just before that one was fine (35), so I cut my losses and spent the day making up the work. This time I saved a ton of versions of this new one as I worked, and at the end of the work day I backed it up on yet another hard drive.

Today, I open the latest file, and although it opens, it's corrupted: most of the animation is gone, whole symbols have disappeared, frames and layers have been deleted from symbols. The Winrar method doesn't work. The backed up versions are also corrupted in the same way. File 35, the one that originally worked, is fine. In short, all of the work I did yesterday had been corrupted. 

My question is

1) Has this happened to anyone before?

2) Why could this be happening?

3) I am afraid that something in this file is causing it to corrupt as I keep working on it, and I need to figure out what that could be so it stops happening.

Another bit of info: the project is an animated short with multiple characters. Each character gets animated on a separate file. This particular character is the only one that has become corrupted, the other characters have not had this happen to them. Also: this character got corrupted a lot earlier on in this project once before, but then it stopped happening until yesterday. Which leads me to believe some symbol in this file is causing this to happen.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should probably recreate the problematic character.

or, open your working file 35 make some (or all) of the changes you made to your first backup that was corrupted > close animate > reopen and see if that backup is corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I tried something out and it worked. I copied all the layers in the problematic file, started a new file, and pasted them in.

I don't know if this is a long term solution, but it's been working for the last few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines