Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate Frames after action

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a group of frames with the action"this.goToAndPlay(9);" inside of a symbol. The symbol has the action "this.Stop();" and also has frames after it. When I test in the browser, the group of frames 'action' plays and the symbol frames 'action' plays also. The frames after the symbol action frames do not play though. Basically, the frames after an action of "this.Stop(); " is not playing. When I take off "this.Stop();" the frames play but the action "this.goToAndPlay(9); is not completing fully.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 5.15.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-29 at 5.16.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-29 at 5.17.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-29 at 5.19.46 PM.png

TOPICS
ActionScript , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure if you're using js or actionscript but both are case-sensitive and you have errors.

this.Stop() will fail, this.stop() will work.  

this.goToAndPlay(9) will fail, this.gotoAndPlay(9) will work.

ie, fix your code and the text in your next message if that above fails to help you fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

I didn't want it to loop. The problem was that the animation would play
then stop. After it stops, the next layer is supposed to appear but it
doesn't. It stays on the stopped animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines