Highlighted

Animate - Future support for SWF and Adobe Air

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're looking to start work on a new project that might be best built in Animate, using Actionscript, exporting SWFs and packaging in Adobe Air.

I know that Flash player support is going in 2020, but is overall support (and the ability to create) SWF files going to stop anytime soon?

Is creating an application using SWF files / Air still a wise choice or are they soon to be deprecated?

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Eugene+Reisch  wrote

We're looking to start work on a new project that might be best built in Animate, using Actionscript, exporting SWFs and packaging in Adobe Air.

I know that Flash player support is going in 2020, but is overall support (and the ability to create) SWF files going to stop anytime soon?

no

Is creating an application using SWF files / Air still a wise choice or are they soon to be deprecated?

swf for browsers is on the way out, as you know.  swf's for desktops and mobiles, no problem.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animate - Future support for SWF and Adobe Air

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

no

swf for browsers is on the way out, as you know.  swf's for desktops and mobiles, no problem.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 13, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2019 0