Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate get stuck on opening

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a MacBook Pro 2017.

After updating to the latest 2021 last week (20th June) Animate gets stuck on "building workspace". I have tried to command+option+shift when opening and it does not change anything. I tried going back to older versions but it did not help either. I have re-started my computer a number of times.

Please help! I need this to wrap up a work project next week.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you use the cc desktop app to install?

if so, use it to uninstall and opt to remove preferences when uninstalling.  (if you don't remove preferences, you won't be able to solve the problem.)

restart your computer.

reinstall animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did use the CC desktop app.

I took the steps you suggested and it is still getting hung up in the same place (building workspace).

I think it actually does start the program eventually, but it does take a looooong time. I am on an SSD drive so it should be fast. Hardrive is 50% full.

There used to be a pop-up during the start of Animate that asked me to install the Osaka font. I think it was a font that I was going to install a long time ago, but decided not to. Since then that pop-up has shown up, but I opt to Skip every time. Now that pop-up is not showing up.

The beachball is still spinning and 9 minutes have passed! Still waiting. What's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It finally opened. It took roughly 20 minutes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines