Highlighted

Animate HTML5 files not displaying in IOS

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've created a test for an clickable interactive graphic which is to be hosted on a web page - just a couple of menu screens and some navigation buttons for now. Using Animate 20.5

Uploaded the published files to a test server: http://test.hyperfinemedia.theartlab.co.uk/

It works fine on a desktop (Chrome, Safari on Mac OS 10.15) and on Android, but I'm getting a blank screen when I access it through Safari or Chrome on iPhone 8 (not yet tested other models).

I've tried various publish settings(Image export as Spritesheet/ Texture, Include/ don't include Javascript in HTML file etc), same result every time. Here's my current Publich settings:

Any suggestions? And is there some other way I can test mobile compatability across mutiple models?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animate HTML5 files not displaying in IOS

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've created a test for an clickable interactive graphic which is to be hosted on a web page - just a couple of menu screens and some navigation buttons for now. Using Animate 20.5

Uploaded the published files to a test server: http://test.hyperfinemedia.theartlab.co.uk/

It works fine on a desktop (Chrome, Safari on Mac OS 10.15) and on Android, but I'm getting a blank screen when I access it through Safari or Chrome on iPhone 8 (not yet tested other models).

I've tried various publish settings(Image export as Spritesheet/ Texture, Include/ don't include Javascript in HTML file etc), same result every time. Here's my current Publich settings:

Any suggestions? And is there some other way I can test mobile compatability across mutiple models?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to animate myself and having some issues testing even though the animation works when testing manully, automatic testing fails in a couple of areas (yours has the same issue too, I tested it)

There are a lot of tools you can use to test compatibility, here is a selection of free and very useful tools

UITest.com (numerous tests)

Google Page SPeed Insights

browsershot (cross browswer testing)

there is also some device testing sites but I can't recall the names of the top of my head, sorry.

ps.. You're probably awar webGL isn't always on by default but just in case...

https://support.biodigital.com/hc/en-us/articles/218322977-How-to-turn-on-WebGL-in-my-browser

pps. a screenshot  of your sight in firefox responsive design IPhone emulator (ctrl+shift+m)

statmansteve_0-1596501978121.png

chrome for me doesn't get past the loading screen (on a pc) but you have a greaat little extension in chrome called Ripple.. test for hundreds of devices - hands down the most useful extension ever 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the info. I'm finding animate has a steeper learning curve than the other CC apps I'm used to, hope you're getting on with it OK. I've tried a couple of those test sites, v useful thanks. Can't seem to find Ripple though, it's not showing up in the Chrome web store or anywhere else (just disabled links).

I think my problem must be something to do with the size/ responsiveness. It works on an iPhone 4. I got it to work on the iPhone 8 by piching and zooming the (blank) screen, at which point it popped up. So there's definitelysome kind of bug there...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0