• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate is BUGGY, frames are freezing up; can't get buttons to work.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are my frames freezing up? My html codes snippets created by Animate do not work. Randomly Animate has decided to freeze on frame 5. I have 11 frames with movie clip animation sequences inside and cannot get past frame 5. If I redo the buttons, after many tries, it finally works and then Animate will decide to freeze on a different frame. I have converted all artwork except for the buttons to bitmaps, all actions have different instance names and I am not using advanced layers. The buttons I am using are .ai files. This is very simple "go to frame and stop, click to hide, click to play" animation. Please help - I have a deadline and must create 5 more segments. This is taking 4 times as long to do a simple animation with Animate html canvas. If this doesn't work on the next try, I will have to learn Unity quickly. Please send advice and tell me to either quit Animate and learn Unity or tell me what the problem is? Thanks in advance, cmdh

Here is an example of my code on frame 5:

this.stop();

this.stage.canvas.style.cursor = "none";

this.mouseEnabled = true;

this.addEventListener("tick", fl_CustomMouseCursor.bind(this));

function fl_CustomMouseCursor() {

this.greendot5.x = stage.mouseX / stage.scaleX;

this.greendot5.y = stage.mouseY / stage.scaleY;

}

this.arrBlueL5.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndStopAtFrame_53.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndStopAtFrame_53()

{

this.gotoAndStop(4);

}

this.arrBlueR5.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndStopAtFrame_54.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndStopAtFrame_54()

{

this.gotoAndStop(5);

}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree. It certainly is, but I still love it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responding! Might you have a work around to make sure the buttons are working? I have alot of animation I want to keep. I am planning on creating a final project in Unity but really need to get this stuff converted from flash animation .swf to HTML canvas before bringin it into Unity. Thanks in advance. 😊 cmdh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines