Highlighted

Animate keeps selecting everything

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

animate keeps selecting the whole frame when i go to a different frame and it's made it difficult and annoying for me to use and i can't find help anywhere.

i saw a poster who had the same problem as me and the answer was "click the frame numbers instead", an though that works, ive tried it and it is more difficult than just using it normally. please help.

You can also use keyboard shortcuts to quickly jump across frames without selecting the contents on that frame.

, or . to move left or right by a single frame.

Alt + , or Alt + . to jump to previous or next keyframe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animate keeps selecting everything

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

animate keeps selecting the whole frame when i go to a different frame and it's made it difficult and annoying for me to use and i can't find help anywhere.

i saw a poster who had the same problem as me and the answer was "click the frame numbers instead", an though that works, ive tried it and it is more difficult than just using it normally. please help.

You can also use keyboard shortcuts to quickly jump across frames without selecting the contents on that frame.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 01, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select a symbol on the scene stage it will select all that frames in that layer, if you select a frame on the timeline it selects a frame, but not until you deselect that layer - if you click on a frame on that layer while the whole layer is selected, it'll just select all the frames in that layer again.

It can be a bit frustrating, try to select something else before going back to your layer and selecting the frame you want.

I think the intended functionality is that you can drag those frames, so clicking again only uses the drag function.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont understand 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is marked as a correct answer, however it is not. It's a work around. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0