• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate no longer publishes standalone projectors?

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm an old Flash user who used to make websites and interactive presentations back when Animate was Flash.
Tho I've been superficially following up the evolution of Flash into Animte, it's  been ages since I opened up the program.
So I need to do a presentation for next week and I thought maybe Animate would be a good option, since Flash was always perfect for presentations, but I've found contradictory information about Animate's ability to publish standanlone projectors.
Though the most recent info I can find on the topic (circa Sept. 2020) mentions the projector option will still be there, I can see that it's completely gone from the dialog screen.
Is it gone for good? Was there any OS vulnerabilites concern behind this decision?
Because I think it would be an excellent idea to keep the standalone option for presentations, and it kinda sucks not to be able to and to have to publish to a file that runs in a browser window.

So, what's the current official status of this issue?

TOPICS
Missing feature , Product issue , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Nevermind, I see that if when creating a new file I select "ActionScript 3.0" instead of "HTML5 Canvas" under "Platform Type" the projector options now appear under "Publish Settings" of the created file.

That answers my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind, I see that if when creating a new file I select "ActionScript 3.0" instead of "HTML5 Canvas" under "Platform Type" the projector options now appear under "Publish Settings" of the created file.

That answers my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines