Highlighted

animate not responding with one of my pics

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i'm sure i've done somthing wrong, i have drawn a pirate in animate when i was zooming in to colour it animate started to not respond every time i did anything be it, brush strokes, line work,, but it would come back after a few seconds so i pushed on when i finished and selected it all to move it crashed now i cant move it at all 

if i convert it to a bitmap i can move it fine but i dont want to make it blurry is the a fix for this i am very new to animate and feel i'm missing somthing obvious

TOPICS
Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

animate not responding with one of my pics

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i'm sure i've done somthing wrong, i have drawn a pirate in animate when i was zooming in to colour it animate started to not respond every time i did anything be it, brush strokes, line work,, but it would come back after a few seconds so i pushed on when i finished and selected it all to move it crashed now i cant move it at all 

if i convert it to a bitmap i can move it fine but i dont want to make it blurry is the a fix for this i am very new to animate and feel i'm missing somthing obvious

TOPICS
Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should trace the image and work with that version of the pirate. Animate is a vector-based program. Working with vectors will make it easier. Another option would be to recreate the image in illustrator and then copy that into Adobe Animate to animate. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure using what device you have drawn the pirate. If you have used any drawing device like wacom, every stroke that you draw gets converted to group and when there are thousands of groups for one single drawing, the system will respond slowly. You may need to rbeak the groups and then zoom to color.

Or you may have to use strokes while drawing.

Another option would bbe save/export the file from Animate to .eps format and import the same into illustrator and colour it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0