Highlighted

Animate on an iPad

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would find an iPad version of Animate useful.

I'm drawing on my iPad using Fresco, then exporting the PSD to Animate on my iMac for the animation.
I can onion-skin my drawing in Fresco, to get an idea of the movement but is there a way to get an instant replay of my animation as I go?

I'm using a simple program called FlippaClip which does just that, but I'd prefer to be working in an Adobe program, so that it links with Creative Cloud and is fully compatible with Animate and Premiere Pro.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ClayUUID | Adobe Community Professional

The Adobe Animate team is drowning in bugs and optimization issues for the current version of Animate, and you're asking for an entirely new product? I can't imagine where you think the engineering resources for that would come from. Especially for something of such marginal utility.

TOPICS
How to, Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animate on an iPad

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would find an iPad version of Animate useful.

I'm drawing on my iPad using Fresco, then exporting the PSD to Animate on my iMac for the animation.
I can onion-skin my drawing in Fresco, to get an idea of the movement but is there a way to get an instant replay of my animation as I go?

I'm using a simple program called FlippaClip which does just that, but I'd prefer to be working in an Adobe program, so that it links with Creative Cloud and is fully compatible with Animate and Premiere Pro.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ClayUUID | Adobe Community Professional

The Adobe Animate team is drowning in bugs and optimization issues for the current version of Animate, and you're asking for an entirely new product? I can't imagine where you think the engineering resources for that would come from. Especially for something of such marginal utility.

TOPICS
How to, Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more of a weak argument than a "reality check". Adobe absolutely has the power to make an Animate ios app a reality. It's illogical to suggest otherwise. Why do you have excuses for Adobe? I sincerely don't understand why anyone professional or otherwise would give examples like bugs or optimization issues as excuses. You may not own or use an iPad Pro but those of us who do would really benefit from the ability to work on our projects on our iPad. I'm 100% certain that we will see an Animate App sooner than later, your comment just blew me away. Excelsior. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 1
Guide ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loving your iPad is one thing.

Dev reality - another.

Your optimism is based on just wishful thinking.

The traceable history of Animate in the last 6-7 years plots a very clear graph.

They release hotfixes of hotfixes full of bugs and regressions showing lack of any decent QA.

One has to be completely delusional to believe that such a project is well-funded, well-staffed and well-maintained, with bright prospects for the future.

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reality check Clay 🙂
It would only be a case of adding a timeline to Fresco . . .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work-around, I've opted for Clip Studio Paint EX (the version that includes an animation option) on my iPad Pro, which features a timeline. I can save my artwork as a PSD and animations as MP4s, so I'm hoping that will prove compatible with Photoshop, Animate and Character Animator.
But I look foward to a Creative Cloud drawing app with a timeline (even if ClayUUID considers this a 'marginal utility'!)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 1