Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

animate on an ipad

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Full disclosure, I know almost nothing about computers. I have a 10 year old with autism that really wants adobe animate. We are buying her a new ipad and I was wondering if this program will be supported properly with an ipad or if she needs something more like a macbook? I don't want to cause her frustration with things lagging. Thank you for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

That's great she wants to learn Animate!

Unfortunately there are no plans to release Adobe Animate for the iPad as far as I can tell.

And without a doubt the best to do is to run Animate from a desktop computer, like the MacBook.

But if for some reason you still need to display Animate on the iPad, there's a workaround: you can use the iPad as a second screen / sidecar.

This means you're gonna run Animate from a desktop computer and then display the Animate IDE (interface) on the iPad screen.

While this approach is valid - specially for Apple users - my experience trying to display Animate on a second screen using a Windows PC + a software called Duet Display wasn't that good because I faced a lot of connectivity issues.

But if you have a MacBook there's a feature introduced recently that allows the usage of the iPad as a second screen natively. If you can't use this new feature, you could try using a software called Astropad.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Luci,

Just to add to what Joao said, here is a link to a lengthy response I wrote to another woman who did not come back to even look at it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/9-yr-old-son-loves-to-draw-and-was-trying-to-do-flipbook-anim...

It may be somehow useful in your case.

All the best!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines