• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate quits with Unknown Error while using tablet

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens frequently, and seems to only happen while using my tablet. My drivers are all updated, but this frustrating problem persists. Anyone have a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide us with a screenshot of the error message? Which tablet device are you on, which OS and version number?

Would it be possible for you to provide us with info to reproduce this issue at our end?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to see in a screenshot; simply a window that says "Unknown Error Quitting Application". I'm using an XP-Pen 22 tablet with latest drivers on Windows 10. I might also note that the error only seems to occur when pen pressure sensitivity is turned ON.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get the error, as it quits are you asked about saving each file that has changed? If you are, and if you hit cancel, do you find that you're still in Animate and working ok?

I had a problem with those symptoms, and it turned out to be preferences related. If you do get the same sequence I mentioned it may be a similar issue.

Preran, if it does look like a similar problem you could get Dharmendra to take a look? That's who helped solve my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I have written to Dharmendra to have a look at the forum post. Response may be delayed because of the weekend.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told that this issue has been fixed in 16.0.1. Can you confirm that you are on the latest build?

Dharmendra remembers having solved an issue with File > Export previously, but isn't sure if this post is speaking to the same thing.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm still on 16.0.0.112. I'll update and see if it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid this issue isn't resolved, and it is quite frustrating as it might happen at any time. It ALWAYS happens when using my tablet and pen. I am on build 16.0.1.119. I really would like a solution to this problem soon. To recap, while using my tablet (XP-Pen 22HD) the application will quit with an "Unknown Error". You get the option to save and then it closes. I thought before that it happened only when using the "pressure sensitivity" option, but it can happen at any time when using the tablet with or without pressure sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem. Happens very frequently while using Huion 680S tablet on Windows 10 (on BOTH of my computers). I am given the option to save when the error appears.

My Animate version is 16.1.0.86

Update: I am able to hit "Cancel" and Animate remains open. However, after this point, every line I draw disappears as soon as I lift my pen, so it's pretty much running but unusable. When I close and reopen Animate, all the lines I drew that disappeared are there on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with the team for clarification on this issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team has investigated this issue, and while they were unable to reproduce it, they believe that some of the related fixes in a future update will help address it. Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks,

PReran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so after the update, it's no longer saying "Unknown Error, quitting application", but now this is happening:

4b28d9d2b13d4bbfd0c17785883a8829.png

And it's stuck like that. I'm pretty sure this is the same error, just being handled differently. And now I don't have the option to save before restarting the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long shot, but can you try restoring your preferences and see if that helps? Re-create preferences

If you still need help, I suggest getting in touch with Contact Customer Care for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!!Needs help!!

Is anyone here knows how to fix "unknown error : quitting application" ?

Its pop up when i try to save the project in animate cc,but when i opened the saved project and click the save button it can save normally,ive'd tried reinstall the software but still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that your file is corrupt. Does this happen with all your projects? Can you try creating a simple project in Adobe Animate and let us know if you are able to reproduce this issue?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, happens overtime I try to save, even the most simple task

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone found a solution?

I'm having the same problem.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling and also using an older animate version, nothing worked.

(Cintiq 13hd) anyway the problem is present also when the tablet isn't connected and the driver isn't running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines