Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate test export will not update.

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope someone can help. When I test export (comand/return) the animation runs fine the first time. However then if i make an adjustment and test export again the old animation runs instead of the newly amended file. The html5 file when published though is fine. Has anyone had this happen before?

Thanks

Andy

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you have overwrite html file enabled in your publish settings.

Screenshot - 2_17_2020 , 7_19_48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem...and of course the two check above are enabled.

So every time I have to launch the html from the published since the preview of the exported doesn't update 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in your browser, are you seeing a query string (eg, ?84333) appended to your html file name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preview, yes there is that kind of query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i also have both enabled.

In my browser i also get a quuery string ?

What does this mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it should look like this and it's key to seeing an updated html/js file (and reflecting any changes you made from the previous version:

Screenshot - 2_17_2020 , 8_06_30 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attach a screenshot of whatever you're calling "preview" that shows the file name/query string.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 23.09.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yes i get this string of numbers everytime different but the animation is still not the updated one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the string of numbers different each time you test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes they change each time but the animation stays the same.  If i copy and paste the address into a incognito window the animation works and shows the updated version. At the moment it won't even play in chrome and will only play the non update version in firefox and safari browsers. Ahh i just have seen if i clear browing data before and then test it plays the updated version in Chrome. I never had to do this before? Has something changed? like maybe Adobe not updating createjs libaries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when adobe first added html5/canvas publishing to animate several versions ago, they did not add query strings to the html and js files and clearing your cache to view updated html/js files was necessary. 

but that's no longer required because of the query strings.  your browser should not load the cached html because that number is different than the previously loaded versions of the html.  and the html files should each have a line like

<script src="test.js?1581952731181"></script>

which adds a query string to the js and forces the browser to load the newer js file instead of the cached one.  you should check your html file to make sure you have that js query string and not

<script src="test.js"></script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Where would i look for that. in the browser developer when i test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you could but it's easier to use a text editor.  any would allow code inspection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines