Animate text input library conflict

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

I was looking for a way to put a text input field on the canvas. For this it seems te only solution is the text input component from animate. When we had any form of user input or other html components we'd do this with by opening a modal with a button on the canvas. This was fine for the most part tho this type of input has to be on the canvas itself. Problem is that when I put the text input component on my drawing and publish it it seems to create a conflict with the jQuery library we use for a date picker among other things on the before mentioned modal. 

Is there another solution to having a text input on the canvas? Or something im missing that is causing the conflict between jQuery and this animate component?

If my question needs more detail let me know.

TOPICS
Error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The components from the HTML5 Canvas document already use jQuery under the hood.

Have you tried not including jQuery and just let Animate include it automatically when at least one component is used?

Another option is to create an input element at runtime using the createElement method from the document object.

Regards,

JC

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the jquery reference we added sadly didn't solve it. Would the option of creating the element mean its placed over top of the canvas? and would this require positioning it through the code? 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines