• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate trouble, finishing an animation loop before going to the next.

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I am currently working on interactive comic book content in Animate CC. I stumble on a problem I cannot solve.

I make a lot of use of looping animation. I use Javascript (because I use HTML5 Canvas) to make those loops with a bit of code where at a certain frame number, the timeline automaticly goes back towards a certain frame number so it loops. The idea is that when the user clicks on a button, the animation goes into the next loop. Now here is my problem, because I want to make this transision as smooth as possible, I cannot seem to make it work so that the animation finish the previous loop before going into the next one. (because I use the fuction: go to certain frame and play() code).

I hope this make sence, I am also not really a code expert, but this is pretty much the only code in my project I need besides the basics.

TOPICS
Code , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you want to wait until the currently playing movieclip reaches a certain frame (eg, its last frame), start a code loop (eg, Ticker EaselJS v1.0.0 API Documentation : Ticker (createjs.com)) that repeatedly checks that movieclip's currentFrame and when currentFrame == totalFrames, then "go to the next movieclip".

note:  unless you show something to the user, they're going to think something is "broken" because when they click a button they won't see an immediate response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines