Highlighted

Animate UI goes black

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an ongoing issue for me, across Animate 18, and Animate 18.0.2.

I cannot upgrade my Animate to the latest version because it's incompatible with the workflow in place at my company (so please do not suggest this).

I initially had this issue on a 5+ year old computer; it was a daily occurrence where, at any given time, my UI starts going black and Animate eventually seizes up.

I have a newer PC build now, and the problem presented itself on this new build. I completely wiped Animate 18 from my PC with the help of IT, and installed 18.0.2, and the issue is _still_ persisting.

What could be causing this? Is it at all related to the graphics card?

july 11 2019_18.0.2.PNGjuly 9_02 2019.PNGjuly 8 2019.PNG

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animate UI goes black

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an ongoing issue for me, across Animate 18, and Animate 18.0.2.

I cannot upgrade my Animate to the latest version because it's incompatible with the workflow in place at my company (so please do not suggest this).

I initially had this issue on a 5+ year old computer; it was a daily occurrence where, at any given time, my UI starts going black and Animate eventually seizes up.

I have a newer PC build now, and the problem presented itself on this new build. I completely wiped Animate 18 from my PC with the help of IT, and installed 18.0.2, and the issue is _still_ persisting.

What could be causing this? Is it at all related to the graphics card?

july 11 2019_18.0.2.PNGjuly 9_02 2019.PNGjuly 8 2019.PNG

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 11, 2019 0
Guide ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

"Is it at all related to the graphics card?"

I believe so.

Or I should say - I believe it is related to Animate having problems with the video hardware. Won't speculate of what nature these problems are.

I've experienced a few horrifying situations like this in 19.2.1 while just playing with it.

I have no advice other than try to play with graphics card settings or installing older or newer driver.

Going to 19.x most likely will not improve anything anyway, although it seems to be a little faster.

I do a lot of testing in about 10 versions of Flanimate and AnCC 2018 seems to be the most sluggish and terrible performer of all.

Upcoming 20 has significant performance improvements, but is still much slower than CS6.

Good luck with trouble-shooting this! It's terrible.

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's validating to know that it  _could_ be related to the card itself or drivers! It gives me some sort of starting point to get IT down and try to find some sort of solution 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also CS6 was the absolute best version of Flash and I miss it every. single. day.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 1
Guide ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, CS6 is the only sturdy almost bug-free production-ready version of Flash that has existed.

I still recommend to people who have that option to use it for character animation as it hits the sweet spot of features and performance.

We develop extensions and with EDAP Tools, CS6 is more feature-rich and snappier than any CC.

An CC behaves as a perpetual beta and none of the new features and fancy dark interface and icons can change the feeling that you're driving a broken car.

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are preaching to the choir!!

An CC behaves as a perpetual beta and none of the new features and fancy dark interface and icons can change the feeling that you're driving a broken car.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be keeping this thread open as this issue happens to me daily, and I'd like a response or as many ideas to try as possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe! It's not great that you can't provide any answers on this either, as my studio uses CC daily for every single project we're working on.

Doesn't feel good, to sit with this issue.

Here's a glimpse of what July looked like for me~ july.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Preran LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for being late to this discussion. If you are still facing this issue, I suggest getting in touch with the Adobe Support team using this link Contact Customer Care

If you have a team or Enterprise license, work with your administrator (assuming you are not one) to get in touch with Adobe Support.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2019 1