Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate walk tutorial

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was following the Walk tutorial and it was working well until I got to the background motion tween part.  I followed the directions as explained but when I would view the finished animation the background did not move.  Is there some kind of preset that may be preventing this to work properly?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afaik, no.

you made a mistake with the background tween.  check the tween in animate.  does the background move?  did you use the correct type of tween (motion, no keyframes added by you, or classic, you have more than 1 keyframe)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I followed the tutorial.  I used a motion tween.  I'll check on the keyframes.  Maybe the first frame is a keyframe and that may be causing the tween not to render.  Thanks for your feedback...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the first frame that contains the object you want to tween must be a keyframe. your layer with the motion tween should look something like layer_1:

Screenshot - 7_2_2020 , 2_06_44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your responses.  I was able to animate the background, thanks for your feedback.  I have another issue that you may have a solution for.  When I export as an animated gif, the export window is too large for my screen and I am unable to see the SAVE button.  Someone suggested I press my ENTER key even though I can't see the bottom of the window.  That helped but I am wondering what may be preventing me to see the full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines