Animate will not export the original version of GIF

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Animate.]

Hello, 

I have made GIF's in animate before and have not had this issue and am confused on why it started and why it is not simple to fix.

I am trying to export something as a GIF but whenever I do, the "optimized" version is being saved, even when I choose hte "original" version. 

I have tried to tweek the preferences. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program Nothing seems to work. The exports are coming out grainy and with altered colors. When I preview it in animate, before the exporting step, it seems fine and other projects that I have worked on in the past, all have resulted in crisp, detailed GIF's being exported. 

Can anyone assist with a resolution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the legacy export.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - Did you have any luck with fixing this issue? I'm having the same problem. 

See photos below, when I select Original it still saves as Optimized file w/ large file size.

I tried the Export as Legacy option and than only produced an image with 1 frame. 

Any suggestions out there?

Would be appreciated.

Thanks! 

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 11.51.18 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines