Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate will not Publish Actions to HTML5 files

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working with Animate, and all is working fine, until I want to publish actions to the finished HTML5 file.

I have done testing with all the Publish Settings under the "Basic" and "HTML/JS" tabs, and I cannot get the actions to Publish.

The interesting part is in the JS file, the actions will publish. However, I need to furnish a HTML5 file to our web folks - with the HTML code to activate buttons, and, it seems that Adobe Animate will do it locally in a testing environment, but, not when I publish to the final.

Has anyone run into this isseue? Is there a workaround? What part of this is operator error, and I have read the instructions, but, the app is not operating like the instructions state. Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sky Kennedy 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm... Publish Settings -> Include JavaScript in HTML?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work!!! Tested and tested! No Bueno!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean the actions will not publish? Any errors or warnings in the browser console? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph! I've taken one of your tutorials on Animate, quite good info. Thank you for writing. Here is my dilemma. Animate works very well if I add "NO" actions via the Actions window and code snippets. When I go to "Publish," all works just fine, and I can give the HTML5 file with assets to our web and social people, and they do not have to do additional work, and life is good. However, when I add "action" or "code snippets" to the file, all is great when testing locally. BUT, when I go to publish, the "Action" or "Code snippets" do not "PUBLISH" along with everything else. When you view the HTML5 code, the actions are not there. Thewy are published to the "JS file, but, not to the HTML5. SO, when I give those files to our web or social people, they make my life crazy, and would like me NOT to use animate. CAN YOU HELP? I have tested and tested and tested a variety of settings. I have tested locally and on other workstations. Both MAC and PC, along with a variety of browsers. ANIMATE WILL NOT PUBLISH ACTIONS to the HTML5 files, so, anything I would like to have actions will not work outside of a local environment. PLEASE HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your publish settings, under HTML/JS does the button say "Stop Including JavaScript In HTML..."?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, unfortunately, I cannot put screenshots here, but, I have tested with and without. As, you are aware, when the operator "publishes," with included JavaScript, Animate only publishes one file. "NOT" including or "STOP" including JavaScript, Animate "publishes" 2 files. In either case, the "Actions" do not work in an environment other than the "local" environment. I realize you are a Community Professional, but, I have spent "hours" on this issue, looking at every possibility. I am sure there is an answer! Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because of browser securities, you cannot test locally unless you start your file from inside Animate which creates a localHost. If you want to share your published file locally, then you need your co-workers or clients to create a local host. As JC mentioned, posting your files to a server would be a good solution. Then anyone can test your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you opened up the HTML file in Notepad and searched it for your Actions code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can also view code in most browsers as well!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just wondering, did you check the JS console in all these browsers? Is there any error? (console can be seen in Ff by pressing ctrl-shift-K and in most other browsers ctrl-shitf-i (not sure what it is for Mac sysytems but probably substitute ctrl with cmd).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Okay, "yes" isn't helpful. When you looked, was the Actions code there, or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

You are able to test from within Animate because it sets up a server automatically for you.

But outside of Animate, you're gonna have to setup one yourself.

Try uploading your files to an online server to check if the issues remain.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thank you for writing. As I noted, other than my "local" workstation, I am "Working off a Servers that are both located locally (not my workstation), and located in another office that is 400 miles from my worksite. I have also given our Web and Social teams files and file and files to test on our Web Server - that is part of our AEM platform, and all parts show up just fine, but, the actions do not work in a "Web or Social" environment. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines