Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated button run Movie Clip of down state when hover

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am making animated button. When click on the button, it changed color slowly and have effect bounce. I did it using MovieClip in down state.

The thing is, when I click on the button and later hover on it. The movie clip run again. How can I prevent it? My button's hover state is just image. I don't know why it's happened.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

you have more than one problem.

first, you have duplicate frame labels. 

second, you have code spread across multiple frames which is causing problems as soon as you change main timeline frames.

i suggest you rethink you design and put all code (other than this.stop(), this.play() etc) on the first frame of your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a button (and not a movieclip button) with a movieclip on the down state and one (or two) static image(s) in the out and over states (and something in the hit state), you would only see the movieclip play when you mousedown on your button AND kept pressing down.  as soon as you mouse up, the movieclip would no longer be visible and the over state (assuming you didn't drag out) would be what you'd see.

is that what you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have movie clip on down state and picture on hover. I attached my video to show you.

As you can see, only the first time work. Next time I hover, MovieClip run with out click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload your fla to a file server and post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have more than one problem.

first, you have duplicate frame labels. 

second, you have code spread across multiple frames which is causing problems as soon as you change main timeline frames.

i suggest you rethink you design and put all code (other than this.stop(), this.play() etc) on the first frame of your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. I will revise the code and label again. Hope it's fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, after change put all the code in first frame and remove duplicate frame label, it's worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines