Highlighted

Animated Graphic symbols (Play Once or Loop): Is there an Auto Update for their frame number when moving their keyframes on the timeline for Classic Tweening?

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of Classic Tweening.   I would like to use animated Graphic Symbols a lot more because I like seeing my animations on the main stage when I scrub.  Seldomly do I make my animation symbols as Graphic symbols... and that's because of how difficult they are to work with on the main timeline.  

Let me give you an example.   Inside the symbol, I am rotating a star 3 times over a span of 100 frames.    On the main timeline, I am moving that symbol from left stage to right stage, tweened over 100 frames.   I then decide that I want the rotating star to move from left to right over 50 frames.   So I move the keyframe at frame 100 and move it to frame 50.   If I were to publish this now, the star will rotate nicely but then once the main timeline hit frame 50, the rotating star would jump to it's own frame 100.   This is where the pain-in-the-butt comes in.   I have to click on frame 50 on the main timeline and adjust the Graphic Symbols frame number to 50 in order to keep the rotating star playback smooth.

Is there an auto-update feature I'm not aware of for Classic Tweening that will update the Graphic Symbol's frame number depending on where you move the keyframe on the main timeline?

Correct answer by Mario_CR | Community Beginner

Yes.  Make sure the first frame is set to the correct frame number, then select all the frames on the layer in the timeline, then right click and hit ‘synchronize symbols’

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animated Graphic symbols (Play Once or Loop): Is there an Auto Update for their frame number when moving their keyframes on the timeline for Classic Tweening?

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of Classic Tweening.   I would like to use animated Graphic Symbols a lot more because I like seeing my animations on the main stage when I scrub.  Seldomly do I make my animation symbols as Graphic symbols... and that's because of how difficult they are to work with on the main timeline.  

Let me give you an example.   Inside the symbol, I am rotating a star 3 times over a span of 100 frames.    On the main timeline, I am moving that symbol from left stage to right stage, tweened over 100 frames.   I then decide that I want the rotating star to move from left to right over 50 frames.   So I move the keyframe at frame 100 and move it to frame 50.   If I were to publish this now, the star will rotate nicely but then once the main timeline hit frame 50, the rotating star would jump to it's own frame 100.   This is where the pain-in-the-butt comes in.   I have to click on frame 50 on the main timeline and adjust the Graphic Symbols frame number to 50 in order to keep the rotating star playback smooth.

Is there an auto-update feature I'm not aware of for Classic Tweening that will update the Graphic Symbol's frame number depending on where you move the keyframe on the main timeline?

Correct answer by Mario_CR | Community Beginner

Yes.  Make sure the first frame is set to the correct frame number, then select all the frames on the layer in the timeline, then right click and hit ‘synchronize symbols’

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 22, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2019 0
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved me a bunch of time.  Thank you.  #wishicouldbuyyouabeer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2019 0