Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated symbol is changing as it moves across stage

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have created a "follow the bouncing ball" video for a children's song I have written.  The project is complete except for some tweeking, but I have a problem with the ball. As it moves to the right side of the stage it seems to vanish and is replaced by a square that almost looks like a mask of some kind.  When editing you can get this box to disappear and the ball to reappear by increasing the view size or moving the frame to the left, so I thought it might be weird artifact of the editor (the file I am working with is very large).  However, when I export the file the box is still there.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

You're obviously going beyond a limit. I forgot what exactly that is, but there is a max size of bitmaps and you are exceeding it with the huge stage, so it is losing the texture coordinates. I could clearly see that in the SWF.

So did you manage to sort it out by separating the tweens/symbols?

Maybe if you create duplicate of the bitmap and the symbol and have that work from the middle of the screen to the right that will work. The limit may be 2880 pixels, I can't quite remember...

It is diffi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

What is the ball symbol? Do you have filters applied to it?

My suspicion is that you are hitting a limit of stage area that a filter can render to.

If you can copy one section of the ball animation only to a new FLA and post that for inspection that might be the easiest way to help you. No need for sound. Maybe one line of text.

If you can't attach to your post, upload to google drive and post a link.

ps. At a closer look I can see now that it's losing the coordinates of a bitmap texture. How is that ball animated?

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ball symbol was a jpg image that I imported from Adobe Stock, resized in Animate, and then converted to a symbol.  Not applying any filters.  I did as you suggested and the ball is still disappearing in the new FLA, however that is dependant on the size in the viewing area.  If I have it set at 25% or lower then it disappears. At 26% or higher the ball remains visible.  When I run a test the ball still vanishes and is replaced by a square. The size of the stage is very large (3840 px x 2160 px) and the whole frame is only visible at 14%.   I animated the ball using a motion tween.  I created separate clips for each line and separate clips to return the ball to the beginning of the text at the end of each line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're obviously going beyond a limit. I forgot what exactly that is, but there is a max size of bitmaps and you are exceeding it with the huge stage, so it is losing the texture coordinates. I could clearly see that in the SWF.

So did you manage to sort it out by separating the tweens/symbols?

Maybe if you create duplicate of the bitmap and the symbol and have that work from the middle of the screen to the right that will work. The limit may be 2880 pixels, I can't quite remember...

It is difficult to know where exactly the thing breaks. Try to shrink the original ball bitmap before import also, so that it is close to 100% the size you use in the FLA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your advice and resized the ball before importing to Animate and that seems to have taken care of the problem.  Thanks so much for your help.  I had no idea there was limit on pixels and would have never come up with that on my own:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear you got it working as it should, mate!

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines