Highlighted

Animating complex shapes without using a mask or shape layer possible?

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I was instructed to animate the lines making up a complex shape similar to this at work:

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 12.56.52 PM.png

The task objective is to gradually reveal each line segment making up the shape,

so the parts of the flower emerge on the screen in an organized manner.

The only helpful tutorial I could find was (although the app used is AfterEffects not Animate CC):

Animate a line along a path you create in After Effects ✔ - YouTube

The tutorial above implies that an effective way to animate a line segment is to gradually cover it using a shape layer or perhaps a mask layer along the path,

but I am wondering if there's a quicker way you can use to animate the lines of a complex shape such a flower.

It would be appreciated if some people could post their own effective approaches in Animate CC.

Thank you,

Ead

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animating complex shapes without using a mask or shape layer possible?

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I was instructed to animate the lines making up a complex shape similar to this at work:

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 12.56.52 PM.png

The task objective is to gradually reveal each line segment making up the shape,

so the parts of the flower emerge on the screen in an organized manner.

The only helpful tutorial I could find was (although the app used is AfterEffects not Animate CC):

Animate a line along a path you create in After Effects ✔ - YouTube

The tutorial above implies that an effective way to animate a line segment is to gradually cover it using a shape layer or perhaps a mask layer along the path,

but I am wondering if there's a quicker way you can use to animate the lines of a complex shape such a flower.

It would be appreciated if some people could post their own effective approaches in Animate CC.

Thank you,

Ead

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 11, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of. Bumping this thread just in case anyone else here has a better idea than I do.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2018 0
Eadig LATEST
Engaged ,
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I ended up creating a complex animation for a complex shape by separating the vector image into numerous parts and applying tween-motion-based mask layer to each part.

This seemed like the only way at that time, but if someone else knows any other way, please post it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2018 1