• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animating rectangles and copying settings

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am new to using this program, and i have a problem which i can't solve by myself and tons of youtubers. I need to animate a regular rectangle, i want it to move to the left and its corners become rounded (at the same time). Who do I need to pray, what superpower potion to drink to make this animation? I would be very grateful if you could help me with it!

And one more thing - can i somehow copy all settings for width, height, position X and Y of one object and paste them to another object or the same object but in another keyframe? It would make all resizing work much easier.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  use a shape tween (or shape tweens) with shape hints.

shape_hints.gif

2a.  covert the object (whose properties you want to transfer) to a symbol (if it's not already in the library)

2b.  covert the object (that you want to use to replace the object in 2a) to a symbol (if it's not already in the library).

2c.  copy the symbol instance from 2a > paste it in the frame you want > in the properties panel > use swap symbols* to replace symbol from 2a by the symbol from 2b.

kglad_0-1613747173424.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help! I did everything as you said, but my rectangle is rounded like this - how to make the corners round exactly as in your example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

use shape hints.  i used four, one for each corner.

if you need more help you can check the fla, http://www.kglad.com/Files/forums/shape_hints.fla

(click edit>show shape hints to see the hints).

kglad_0-1613833092172.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"can i somehow copy all settings for width, height, position X and Y of one object and paste them to another object or the same object but in another keyframe"

The closest thing to that is Ctrl-Shift-V: Paste in Place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines