• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation doesn't play after exporting to MP4

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, very new to using Animate and I have created a very simple 4second animation using a symbol and motion tween over a stationary background layer.  The animation works perfectly in Test Movie but not from the main timeline and not after export to MP4.

Any tips appreciated?  I just want to export this small animation screen to video media so that I can add it into Adobe Rush with my main footage.

screen grab.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Hi mate,

1. Change your file type to AS3, not Canvas.

Clipboard-1.png

2. Where is your animation? Is it inside a Movie Clip? I can only see one frame on the Timeline.

If this is so, from Properties panel, select that Movie Clip and change it to Graphic, then extend the frame span on the outside to match what you have inside the Symbol, i.e. if the animation is 100 frames inside it has to be 100 on the outside also, when you're working with nested timelines.

3. Extend the background to 100 as well.

4. Now when yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

1. Change your file type to AS3, not Canvas.

Clipboard-1.png

2. Where is your animation? Is it inside a Movie Clip? I can only see one frame on the Timeline.

If this is so, from Properties panel, select that Movie Clip and change it to Graphic, then extend the frame span on the outside to match what you have inside the Symbol, i.e. if the animation is 100 frames inside it has to be 100 on the outside also, when you're working with nested timelines.

3. Extend the background to 100 as well.

4. Now when you drag the playback head or hit the play button the animation will play on the Main Timeline and should export to video without issues.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks n_tilcheff

Your advice worked a treat!  I converted to AS3, changed the movie clip to a graphic, then extended the frame span.  Hey presto the animation comes to life in the main timeline and when I export to MP4.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! 

Well done! 🙂

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines