• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation Layers over video component in Animate

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a Web Banner project where I need a mp4 video clip to play under animation.

Is there a work around to force the video layer under other layers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Hi.

1 - Go to the document properties and set the background color to full transparency;

2 - Change the canvas zIndex property to a value bigger than 0.

canvas.style.zIndex = "1";

3 - Optionally, disable click events for the canvas if you need to control the video.

canvas.style.pointerEvents = "none";

You can put these codes in the first frame of the main timeline or somewhere else.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent about 2 hrs with a tech from adobe support. He had no answer for me. I sent him a very simple test file that consisted of a video component layer with a mp4 under a very simple layer that contained a graphic.  of course when published the video overplays the graphic layer.

What I am building is a very simple html5 web banner in canvas.

The banner opens with the video autoplaying - then graphics animate on top of the video - eventually covering the video. and of course the whole time it needs to be clickable.

This is a standard application of a video web banner, something that I was able to bang out in Edge with no problems not additional scripting nothing.

If there is anyone out there that can help me, this would be greatly appreicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

1 - Go to the document properties and set the background color to full transparency;

2 - Change the canvas zIndex property to a value bigger than 0.

canvas.style.zIndex = "1";

3 - Optionally, disable click events for the canvas if you need to control the video.

canvas.style.pointerEvents = "none";

You can put these codes in the first frame of the main timeline or somewhere else.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You rock dude! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAIINK U BUT IM STILE HAVEINT THE DETAIS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how to add movieclip named "mc1" behind this video? Now everything is above the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying to modify the css from the export?  Not seeing any settings to change the Z-index.  That worked in console.  I think Animate is over-rated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines