• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation not the same actions in Movie Test and Export as on timeline. Advanced Layers?

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

So this is something I haven't come across before. I have an animation which plays back through all scenes fine, but when I come to one particular scene, I have symbols that move and resize into a circle, and then follow a motion path to the side of the screen.

When scrubbing back through the timeline and when playing in the main animate window, everything works perfectly. However when I test the movie or export it, most of the symbols freeze and don't follow the path or motions set out. At one point animate crashed and was flashing up a load of messages about Advanced layers. I've checked and they are still on but I wonder if this has something to do with it.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to attach it yet as I need to find out from the client due to it being their new product but if anybody may have some idea of what could be causing this, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Error , Import and export , Product issue , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi All!

I've fixed it! I tested the problem by moving my layers around and noticing that the only one that followed the motion path on export was the top layer. I didn't want to create a new guide layer for each symbol so instead I highlighted the Guide layer and all of the linked layers below and converted them to a symbol. By doing this, everything exported fine and I can still double click into the symbol if I need to edit the information.

Hopefully this may help anyone struggling with the sa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still hoping for a reply here if anyone can help? I have tried changing the icons incase there's a problem with them but nothing changes. The thing is, if it's playing fine when scrubbing the timeline then this make sme think it's something to do with the export process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

I've fixed it! I tested the problem by moving my layers around and noticing that the only one that followed the motion path on export was the top layer. I didn't want to create a new guide layer for each symbol so instead I highlighted the Guide layer and all of the linked layers below and converted them to a symbol. By doing this, everything exported fine and I can still double click into the symbol if I need to edit the information.

Hopefully this may help anyone struggling with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Judy! It worked for me. Apparently several mask layers with shape layers in a symbol have caused problems of white screen in test on browser. When I put all of them seperately, like you said: one mask layer with its shape layer in another symbol layer, then everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines