Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation preview lags and stutters

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey lads,

Since the last update, Animate stopped working correctly. Besides the fact that it activates gsync and makes my refresh rate jump around like crazy, previewing animations from the timeline lags like crazy. Yes, I have disabled Gsync, I have to whenever I work in anything Adobe.

I can make the most simple animation and whenever I press enter to check the animation it stutters and is obviously not running at 60 FPS. So now, I have to export it every time I want to check if an animation is performing correctly, which quite frankly makes me want to stop using Animate.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

TOPICS
Performance , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

There's some funny new setting in timeline hamburger:

Clipboard-1.png

Toggle it on and off to see if it makes any difference.

I'm actually quite surprised to hear that you had proper preview in the timeline before.

I'm in the habit of always pressing Ctrl+Enter to see my animation. (I don't do canvas though. I know the thing takes forever to publish.)

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I somewhat solved it by doing control+enter as well. Regardless, it's very sloppy that Adobe hasn't fixed this issue yet... It should always be smooth!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines