• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animations not playing in final render, but plays in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking around for a solution and I can't seem to find anyone who's had this problem. So to start at the beginning, I had a simple animation with some blur effects. Now this animation played fine when I played it on it's own timeline, and in the main timeline but as soon as I went to the preview render it lagged. There's a lot of things that lag in the preview render so I wasn't too worried about it.

Now skip to where I've got the scene fully rendered out and everything plays perfectly fine except the one animation. It doesn't actually appear at all except for one frame of it.

Now I would assume that if an animation plays in a timeline it should play in the final render, so I'm stumped as to what the problem is. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Hi mate,

When you say 'final render' do you mean video file (MOV or MP4) exported out of Animate?

If 'yes', try to export a PNG sequence and see if your effects will render OK there.

If so render the video out of that sequence in Premiere.

I posted quite lengthy explanations how to do this here: Export issue - stops mid-export

Check the whole topic also, not just the 'correct' reply.

Good luck

NT

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

When you say 'final render' do you mean video file (MOV or MP4) exported out of Animate?

If 'yes', try to export a PNG sequence and see if your effects will render OK there.

If so render the video out of that sequence in Premiere.

I posted quite lengthy explanations how to do this here: Export issue - stops mid-export

Check the whole topic also, not just the 'correct' reply.

Good luck

NT

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as you said, and rendered it out as a png sequence and everything looks good now. Not sure why it would work in a png sequence and not an mp4 or mov file but hey I'll take it. 

Thanks again man, you're a real lifesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked, mate.

PNG-sequence is the only flawless way of getting stuff out of Flanimate and has been for many years.

Video export goes through a SWF and has potential for all kinds of issues. It has had various incarnations and they keep trying to make it work, improving one area and then cracks appear in another.

As long as you don't use Movieclips with more than one frame you can always rely on exporting everything via PNG-sequence.

We are trying to convince them to get WAV export back. Last version with WAV export is CS6.

Best!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines