• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animations speeds up when it is rendered and saved

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm new to animate and I made an animation with audio which I rendered and saved as an mp4. Once I opened the file to view it, the animation sped up towards the end and the audio was cut off. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to properly render/export my animation so this won't happen again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When animating for video you should use an ActionScript 3.0 FLA, and not an HTML5 Canvas one. In either case though, set the sync of the audio to Stream. Then you can scrub the timeline and hear the audio, and get the animation lined up with the right parts of the sound.

If you were using Event sync, and you test the movie, the animation is likely to not keep up with the sound, and so you make more sound to last as long as the animation takes. But, when you export to video you get a perfect frame rate, and the animation may complete before the end of the sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when the audio is in animate on the timeline, it is synced up perfectly, but once it is saved and rendered, the video speeds up towards the end and the audio is cut off. The animation was in an HTML5 canvas so I will try it in Action Script 3.0 FLA. Also, what is Event Sync?? Thanks for the input, means a lot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select the sound in the timeline you can go to Properties, and change what sync the sound is using. There are a few choices, but only Stream will make the animation keep time with the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not so concerned about the sound in the animate file because I can add it in later once I edit everything. I'm just wondering why the animation speeds up when I export it. In the animate file when I play it, it is 12 seconds long, but when I export it, it is only ten, yet it completes the entire animation just at a faster speed. I also converted it to Action Script 3.0 FLA. but it still didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate, 

Please, make sure that you have followed all the advice that Colin gave you.

If you're still experiencing cut off of audio at the end and the animation is running progressively out of sync, please be more specific. How long is your entire video? How much offset do you think you see? Is it a few frames or a a few seconds?

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the video on adobe animate is about 12 seconds long, but once I render it and save it, it's ten seconds. The audio is definitely a couple seconds off when it's finished. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the frame rate?

It is possible that if you are using an non-standard frame rate the video is rendered at 24, 25 or 30 fps and that makes it play faster and appear shorter.

I want to help you sort this out, but it's quite tedious to inquire about every single detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frame rate is 24 fps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then maybe you are exporting using a 30fps preset and encountering speed up.

If you need further assistance you will need to provide your files for inspection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines